This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Is this the method that is on my site or another method?
Usual causes of problems are a path (to js file or buttons) not being quite right or the button not having been included in baggage.
The instructions are correct so check in detail. Post back if still stuck.
I've tried to follow your instructions to the letter, but I'm not having any luck.
1) I copied the showhide.js to
a) RoboHelp 6.0 > Project Folder
b) RoboHelp 6.0 > Project Folder > SSL
c) RoboHelp 6.0 > Project Folder > SSL > MicroSoft_HTML_Help
2) I pasted btnhideall.gif, btnshowall.gif, printerblue.gif into
a) RoboHelp 6.0 > Project Folder > SSL
b) they are also listed in RoboHelp 6.0 > Project Folder
3)The Project Manager > Baggage File originally displayed a
a) Project (Name) folder
I opened the Baggage File > Project (Name) folder, selected New Baggage File, and added, respectively:
4) I also opened rhbag.apj in Notepad. It shows
a) ehelp.xml and RoboHHRE.Ing accompanied by <usercreated>false</usercreated> tags
b) the remaining baggage files are accomanied by <usercreated>true</usercreated> tags
5) Finally, I used Notepad to display two topic files in which the error message identified a Line: XX. In one case the line # is 42, in another, 19. In both cases, when I counted lines, starting with <body>, I ended up on:
However, I am none the wiser for my effort and don't know what (5) might be telling me.
6) The only thing I can think of is that the compiled chm file is two levels away from the Project Name directory that holds all the files. The files live in Robohelp 6.0 > Project Name while the compiled help is found in Robohelp 6.0 > Project Name > SSL! > MicroSoft_HTML_Help > Project Name.chm.
Should I be adjusting the Relative Path within the topics?
Many thanks for your attention and assistance.
You do not need to add the files to the output folders. The relative path from the topic to the js and show image does need to be adjusted. Those files should only be in the root of your project.
Are you doing this in a test project that you can zip up and send me?
Yes. I'll try visiting your site to get your email address. (Please forward your email address just in case the company filter opts to make your site inaccessible.)
The file will be coming as a personal email because the company I'm contracted to doesn't permit access to the Internet from its intranet/email system.
Suggest you delete your email address from a forum. I have received your file and will look at it over the weekend.
Thanks, again. FYI: I just noticed that the SHOW ALL / HIDE BUTTONS work in the default topic in View mode. However, when looking at the EFT Screen Format and EFT Screen (Completed) topics in the View mode, the buttons generate the cursed error.
I just added a drop down element to EFT Screen (Waiting) and tried out the buttons... no error!
I had a very cursory glance and can see a number of issues. I'll knock a reply together over the weekend. Suggest you walk away from it for now.