10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 7:19 AM by Alschuler

profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.

Alschuler Level 1

I want to profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco. I have the Costco profile. How do I tell photoshop that I want to see the images as they will be printed?

• 1. Re: profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.
          Level 5

Look up Proof View in Photoshop's Help menu.

Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 10.00.44 PM.png

Read up on it and on Color Management in general.

• 2. Re: profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.
            Alschuler Level 1

That is very helpful. However I don't know how to get the profiles I downloaded to the folder that is used to simlulate. I tried to use the profiles I have and the have ext of icc. That does not seem to work. i.e. costco-CA-MarinaDelRey-Gls.icc. I need more help. Thanks

• 3. Re: profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.
              Level 5

Where did you install the profiles?

…and did you reboot your machine afterawrds. or did you at least log out and back in?

You have provided no information about your setup at all (shame, shame!) so I can't comment until you do.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

Note that this is boilerplate text.

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster).

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 4. Re: profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.
                Alschuler Level 1

Thank you for helping

Where did you install the profiles?

Dja13\c\Photography\Printer Profiles -Costco Marina-2014\Printer Noritsu

3411-Pro, Fuji Crystal Archive Paper

The file itself reads  "Costco-CA-MarinaDelRey-Gls.icc"

I have tried to copy it over to Proff Set Up. It will not accept .icc.

looking for something else.

This was intended to be a holding folder until I knew where to copy the

files tol

…and did you reboot your machine afterawrds. or did you at least log out

and back in?

YRE I rebooted several times.

You have provided no information about your setup at all (shame, shame!) so

I can't comment until you do.

I hope I have given you the information you need to be helpful.

Thanks

Don

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:43 AM, station_two <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.
                  Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

ICC profiles are installed to the normal system folder.

ICC Profile Installation

• 6. Re: profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.
                    Alschuler Level 1

In the ICC profile Installation:

• \Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color

There is no color folder.

I appreciate your effort. i wil contact Dry Creek. This has got be easier than what we are going tlhough.

thanks for your help

• 7. Re: profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.

Did you try the right click Install option? Seems the simplest if it works.

• 8. Re: profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.
                        Alschuler Level 1

I tried that. In Windows/Sytem32/spool/drivers/color  there are a lot of profiles including the ones I want to use.

They do not come up in PhotoShop.

The have endings of icc and icm.

Photoshop Customize Proof Condition  seems to be looking for a diferent ending  .PSF

The other options don't appear for installation. The pop up is Customize Proof Condition, Under Divice To Simulate there are a number of choices but not the ones In Windows/Sytem32/spool/drivers/color

It should not be this omplicated.

• 9. Re: profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.

These ICC and ICM profiles are available to Photoshop. You may be missing a couple of points.

1. The profile name is NOT the file name. You cannot tell what the profile name is by looking at it in Windows. For example, I have a file there called RSWOP.ICM. The profile name - and what you would see in Photoshop - might be "Agfa: SWOP standard" (or not). So to use the profile you need to know its real name.

2. Profiles have different types. The most common are RGB profiles and CMYK profiles. There are monitor profiles and printer profiles. Photoshop will only show the RELEVANT TYPE of profile. For example it will show CMYK profiles only in CMYK colour setup.

I've no idea where you are seeing pop-ups like "Customize Proof condition". You must right click IN WINDOWS EXPLORER to get the install option. Where are you right clicking?

• 10. Re: profile PhotoShop for printer at Costco.
                            Alschuler Level 1

Thank you. I will take your suggestion. And reply back