10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 9:02 AM by Steve Grisetti

How Do I Keep Quality when I Render

joeyMPI

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 11 - on a Windows 8 PC - and when I RENDER high quality still images, some video's and simple effects - it DROPS the quality and the image and video become GRAINY.

How do I RENDER without losing quality?

• 1. Re: How Do I Keep Quality when I Render
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from, and what are your Project Settings (listed under the Premiere Elements Edit menu)?

Have you optimized your photo size to no larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size?

Which Publish & Share settings did yo use?

How are you evaluating the output? If you're looking at it full screen on your computer, it may well look grainy if you, for instance, Publish & Share your video as a DVD because DVDs are only 720x480 pixels in size while your computer monitor is likely at least 4 times that resolution.

• 2. Re: How Do I Keep Quality when I Render
            joeyMPI Level 1

sorry for delayed response

My Project Settings are;  1920/1080  ---  30fps DROP frame  (should it be Non-Drop?)  --  Capture is HDV and Video Rendering is only marked at "Optimize Stills"

For high res. still images - I can watch the clear pic turn grainy after it's rendered??? 

I've been using DVD to burn a disc - that works fine.

• 3. Re: How Do I Keep Quality when I Render
              joeyMPI Level 1

did you get 2nd post ?

• 4. Re: How Do I Keep Quality when I Render
                Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi JoeyMPI,

Could you please tell us what is the exact resolution of the images?

and did you try to resize the image to 1920* 1080 and near this resolution and then render.

Regards,

Sandeep

• 5. Re: How Do I Keep Quality when I Render
                  joeyMPI Level 1

I’ve been using mostly 300dpi images - in different sizes -- the last few have been roughly 1900x1200 ??

• 6. Re: How Do I Keep Quality when I Render

How are you evaluating the output? If you're looking at it full screen on your computer, it may well look grainy if you, for instance, Publish & Share your video as a DVD because DVDs are only 720x480 pixels in size while your computer monitor is likely at least 4 times that resolution.

• 7. Re: How Do I Keep Quality when I Render
                      joeyMPI Level 1

I pull an Still Image from my files - it’s 300dpi.   I size it to 1900x1200 (roughly).   I go to put it in place and a warning comes on that ask if I want to “auto fix” the clip.

I say no.  I drop it in to the timeline and it looks great.  I go to Render it - and I can see it change, drop in quality and get grainy by the time the render is finished.

I’M NOT PLAYING IT FULL SCREEN.   For some reason - it’s not accepting some high quality images?

My Project Settings are;  1920/1080  ---  30fps DROP frame  (should it be Non-Drop?)  --  Capture is HDV and Video Rendering is only marked at "Optimize Stills"

IT’S NOT A PROBLEM WHEN I BURN TO DVD - IT’S ALREADY BEEN RENDERED AT POOR QUALITY AT THAT TIME.  It’s something in the clip that the system thinks it needs fixing when I drop it in.  When I say “no” it drops in perfect.

I've been using DVD to burn a disc - that works fine.

• 8. Re: How Do I Keep Quality when I Render

What program are you playing your DVD on?

You do realize that a 720x480 DVD is only about one-fourth the resolution of a 1900x1200 photo, right?

• 9. Re: How Do I Keep Quality when I Render
                          joeyMPI Level 1

ok - for the 3rd time… it’s NOT the DVD.

It’s in the timeline - I see the high res. in the timeline fine - THEN when I render - the quality drops and it becomes grainy in the timeline… something in the pics that I bring in need to be adjusted - per a pop up warning asking if I want to fix the image/clip - when I say yes, it makes it grainy, when I say “no” it keeps the high res. quality… UNTIL I RENDER

My question doesn’t ANY thing to do with the DVD output!

• 10. Re: How Do I Keep Quality when I Render

>THEN when I render -

This is the part that's confusing me. What are you rendering as? Or are you talking about simply rendering the timeline?

If you're just talking about rendering the timeline and how the video looks in the Monitor window, there are a number of factors to consider. Like, for instance, if you right-click on the Monitor, what quality level is the monitor set to?