3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2007 7:28 AM by kglad

changing colour and size

TuulaRedditt
      I have a very easy question about changing the colour and shape of an object using action scripting. I've created a slider and activated control of the size using action script attached and I just need to know what script to add to make it change colour as it slides as well. Can anyone help me. Thanks
        • 1. Re: changing colour and size
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you can use your movieclip's color object (co=new Color(shape)) which is the easiest to use but gives the least control of the classes for controlling movieclip color.
          • 2. Re: changing colour and size
            TuulaRedditt Level 1
            Thankyou for your quick response. I have to admit I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to actionscript . I grabbed this script from a tutorial and it seemed to work changing the size. Could you direct me as to where I would implement this new code to change the colour as well. I need it to change colours gradually from onme colour to the next and to the 3rd colour. I can figure out the hex colours I need to make those transitions I just need to know what part of the code I need to apply it to. If you could fwd an example that would be great. Thanks Tuula
            • 3. Re: changing colour and size
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              to make a decent color blend you can use the following code. just copy the code below the dotted line (which adds a new method to movieclips) and paste it into your fla before you use the new method: