• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 - Table Preferred Column Width Issue

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a RoboHelp 9 project to RoboHelp 10 and noticed that Column 1 in all tables has a preferred width setting of 93% and it is not allowing me to remove this setting. When I uncheck the Preferred width checkbox and click OK, then go back to the Table Properties>Column tab, the Preferred width checkbox is checked again with a width setting of 93%. The column width is not specified in the HTML, it is set to fit to the contents (<col  />). The odd thing is that Column 1 only displays this way in Design view. When previewing and publishing the topic, it displays correctly (fits to contents). This however makes editing content in tables extremely difficult in Design view. Any assistance is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the table is set to 100% and the columns add to that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The table is not set to 100%. When I set it to 100%, there is no change in behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the delay. Can you import that topic into a new project, test the problem is still there and then send it to me?

See the Contact page on my site.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new blank project and imported the topic. Again, the first column of all tables are displaying in Design view with a width of 93%. However, when viewing table properties, Column 1 does not have a the Preferred width set at 93% as it does in the original project. Unfortunately, I am unable to send you a copy of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it doesn't have a width setting of 93%, where are you finding it is set to 93%?

There was a bug in Rh10 with table widths and I cannot recall the exact details without some testing. I think it was along the lines that in design view there would be problems unless the columns had a width and so did the table.

I do know that once I set up tables in a specific way, they were also fine in design view. Post back if stuck and I will look but it may not be for a few days.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp