7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 8:05 AM by A.T. Romano

poor quality "still" photo

joe49

I'm using Premiere Elements 12. When I'm choose "Tools", "Movie Menu", Then choose from a "Menu Theme", I am given the option of inserting a still photo. However, the quality of the photo in my final product is reproduced with VERY POOR resolution. Is there a solution to this problem? Does Premiere Elements 13 correct this problem? 

Joe Nunes

Turlock,CA

• 1. Re: poor quality "still" photo
          britt142012

did u have issues when first using it when trying to open it? i just purchased elements 12 and it wont let me open the edit part and customer service refused to help me

• 2. Re: poor quality "still" photo
            A.T. Romano Level 7

joe49

Have you updated from 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

What you are seeing in Premiere Elements 12/12.1, I suspect you will see the same in Premiere Elements 13. You could download and install the free 30 day tryout of 13 to test this out in your specific computer environment.

What specific menu are you selecting in the Movie Menu display of themes? Does it have a HD marking at the top right of the thumbnail for the displayed theme? What did you set as your project preset for your project? The project preset setting determines what menu sets will be available to you in Tools Menu/Movie Menu.

What is format of the still - jpeg or other, what is the resolution of the background still in width in pixels and height in pixels?

The final resolution is determined by the standard of the burn to product. Are you doing burn to DVD disc - DVD VIDEO standard on DVD disc or

DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc? When you say "poor resolution", do you mean quality or actual size of what you are seeing?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: poor quality "still" photo
              A.T. Romano Level 7

britt142012

Are you saying that you cannot open the Premiere Elements 12 Editor? That is not the same question that joe49 is asking.

Please start your own new thread on your specific issue, and we will try to get your Premiere Elements projects moving forward.

It gets confusing  trying to troubleshoot two different problems in the same thread. This is not Adobe. Rather user to user.

Some preliminary questions whose answers you can post in the new thread.....

Why did Adobe refuse to help you resolve your Premiere Elements 12 issues? Because it was not the latest version or other?

Have you updated your Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 from within an opened project using Help Menu/Update. If not, please do so.

Is your issue "it worked before but not know" or "it never worked before".

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: poor quality "still" photo
                britt142012 Level 1

i was told by customer service they no longer help with elements 12 to come here but no one is replying to my post which is why i was asking on others posts. my issue is that it has never worked. it was just purchased today and only the organizer was working. i even tried uninstalling and re installing but still the same problem. i cant update to 12.1 because it will not open. it keeps saying i have to sign in but when i type my email and password it just keeps loading.

• 5. Re: poor quality "still" photo
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

britt142012

I have some troubleshooting for you to explore.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Sign In Failure (Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock)

Also go through the usual drills of

a. Latest version of QuickTime installed

b. Running program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges

c. How many video cards/graphics cards, 1 or 2? Video card/graphic card up to date according to the

web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer.

Since you purchased Premiere Elements 12 only today, I would give it one day of troubleshooting and then

try to get your money back from the place of purchase. You stand a better chance for that if you are within one

or two days of purchase. But, it all depends on the software return policy of the seller.

Then, if you want to revisit Premiere Elements as your video editor, go the Premiere Elements 13 tryout route from

Adobe before purchase to assure the compatibility of the product with your computer environment and your project

goals. What computer operating system are you using? Keep in mind that Premiere Elements 13 does not support

Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OSX 10.7.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: poor quality "still" photo
                    britt142012 Level 1

right now im just interested in elements 12 not premiere but thanks. i tried the first troubleshooting link you gave me and now it says to un install and re install error 16

• 7. Re: poor quality "still" photo
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

britt142012

Thanks for the follow up.

Have we ruled out whether or not the issue exists with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Back to the now....

When did you get the Error 16 - after naming just the SLStore Folder to SLStoreOLD? Or did you do the renaming of both the SLCache as well as SLStore Folders to get the Error 16? You should be able to convert back to the original by deleting the newly created SLStore or SLCache Folders and removing OLD from the renamed ones. Is Error 16 gone then?

After that, try just the renaming of the SLStore Folder again.

Before we give up on renaming SLStore and SLCache Folders, check the permissions for each so that they are set for write/read for Everyone.

Then the classical generic ways....

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

2. If that does not work....

a. uninstall the usual Control Panel way

b. do a free ccleaner run through (regular clearner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of any leftovers from incomplete uninstalls reinstalls

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

c. reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

We will be watching for the new developments.

Thank you.

ATR