2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2014 9:42 PM by Migintosh

Indesign crashes when I work with rectangular frames.

paulina2014

I just bought Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard. Now Indesign CS 6 crashes when I scale a rectangle frame. All the rest works fine, only these rectangle frames can't be scaled. It's horroble.

I installed Indesgin new, I deleted the Indesign preferences, I made a totally new document and copied the stuff from the old document, I made the rectangulars totally new, but it's still the same.

Does anyone have an idea. I work on a new IMac, OS X, Version 10.9.5.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Indesign crashes when I work with rectangular frames.
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the InDesign forum.

• 2. Re: Indesign crashes when I work with rectangular frames.
            Migintosh Level 4

It might not make a difference, but what method are you using to scale the frames?

1. Text frames, image frames or both?
            2. One at a time, or several, and if several, are they grouped?
            3. By Command-dragging a handle, using the scale tool, or using the percentage fields at the top?

paulina2014 wrote:

I made a totally new document and copied the stuff from the old document…

Does it work in totally new documents that you haven't copied stuff to from the old document? If so, try copying just one item from the old doc and see if it works with that item or new items created in the new doc. It could be that one, some, or all of the elements of the old doc are bringing in some bad code. If some of the items don't cause the problem, you could use the divide-by-half method to try to find the one or ones that is/are causing the problem. It's how you would find a bad page in a long document. You try copying half of the elements and see if it fails. If it does, you try the other half (on a new document that hasn't been affected by the first try). If that one works, the problem is in the first half. If it doesn't, you may have to try in quarters, eighths, or (depending on how much time you are prepared to spend on this) one at a time. If it looks like that will take more time than starting over, that's something to consider.