5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 5:44 PM by A.T. Romano

soundtrack locked, can't edit

Big Albino

Working in Premier Elements 11.  Have been using without problem, but now my soundtrack, which has multiple song clips in it is locked.  Can't move clips, right-clip them, or adjust gain I was able to.  Not sure what caused it.  I did group some of the video files, but I have ungrouped them with no improvement.  Any hints.

• 1. Re: soundtrack locked, can't edit
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Big Albino

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

Are you working in the Expert workspace of the Quick workspace?

Please review this recent thread one situation of "locked soundtrack"

Adobe Elements Premier 11 wont allow me to select my audio clips in the "soundtrack" track.

Questions to you would be the same  If you are in Expert workspace, have you switched to Quick workspace to

try to maneuver the locked soundtrack contents?

We will be watching for your follow up.

ATR

• 2. Re: soundtrack locked, can't edit
            Big Albino Level 1

windows 7 OS.

working in expert workspace.

switching to Quick did allow me to select the clips and move them.  once a clip is highlighted, and i return to expert mode, the clip stays highlighted until I click on it with right or left mouse buttons, then remains as before. 

I read the other thread.  I can explore some of the solutions presented there.  Sounds like I have the same situation occurring.  I can't simply undo the actions since the issue presented yesterday and I have closed and reopened the program.  I have not added narration.  I am able to add another song to the end of my existing soundtrack.  It doesn't show the new clip as being present in the track, but when i play it the new clip plays as well, causing me to hear both songs simultaneously. 

I too will see if I can find an autosave.  not sure where to locate those files.

Thanks for responding.

• 3. Re: soundtrack locked, can't edit
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Big Albino

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like very good progress.

If you have installed your program to the default location and have the AutoSave feature enabled, you should expect to find AutoSaves

for Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit

Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder.

(Contents of which are determined by settings in Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave.)

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 4. Re: soundtrack locked, can't edit
                Big Albino Level 1

Autosave was a bust.  The preferences are preset to only save the last 5 sautosaves at 20 min intervals. so all of those versions are copies post-error.  They are dated today and the error occurred yesterday.  Is there a way to copy the video track from the project into a new project?  Then I would just have to insert the music soundtrack again.

• 5. Re: soundtrack locked, can't edit
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Big Albino

Determine which is the best way to go.....

ClipMate (Windows Only Software) can be used in conjunction with Premiere Elements 11 for a copy and then paste insert between

Premiere Elements project files. Here is my write on all that. Please review and consider and then let us know if that is going to be worthwhile

to try.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe-clipmate-copypaste-between-pe.html

ATR