14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 4:47 PM by sharon@bellalupo.com

Found 41 blank pages when I returned to Indesign from editing a file in Illustrator

sharon@bellalupo.com Level 1

I think I need your help.

I'm creating a recipe book in inDesign CC for a Typography class assignment due tomorrow. Thurs Nov. 6th
      As I was putting the final touch to the book by editing my back cover artwork in Illustrator CC something weird happened in
      Indesign because when I returned to inDesign, I found all pages (41) except the back cover blank!

POOF!!

There were no images listed in the Links panel,  all paragraph styles were gone, all content gone. I just had 41 blank pages. 
      The only page I had was the back cover page who's artwork I was editing in Illustrator CC

I saved the file, naming it as something else.  its was 2.1mb. in size ... then opened the file I had saved 30 minutes earlier since i
      ts size was 23.6mb, but found the exact same thing:  41 white pages.  all content, paragraph styles and image links gone!!
      POOF!!

only the back cover page remained.  I saved the file as an idml but still found only blank pages

Needless to say I'm starting over with a file saved several days ago, but I'm seriously
      concerned this might happen again when I least expect it because I have no idea what happened.

Any guidance or feedback is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.