2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 4:01 PM by Fellow72

Optimizing 780ti CUDA for Adobe premiere cs5.5, cs6, and CC

Fellow72 Level 1

I Finally got my video card for my new rig . Found a great deal for the Zotac GeForce GTX 780 Ti OC

The only thing now is optimizing the GPU acceleration.

I would like to believe that I have performed the cuda hack correctly, but a few things leave me unsure.

I used this site to perform the Cuda hack. http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5-2.htm

GPU Hardware acceleration is enabled  on Premiere, and no GPU errors occurred since it was already left on this setting.

I haven't tried it on CC or CS6 yet since most of my projects are on cs5.5 at the moment, but i will soon.

I do notice that rendering is a little faster, but seems to only shave off 5-7 minutes from 25 minute render times. Benchmarks all over the net, including here,  seem to imply that times could increase by as large as a factor of 10, but I haven't seen anything close. The GPU load is also averages about 10% with spikes up to 80% whilst rendering.

The number one thing that has been disappointing is the playback. Under heavy graphics on the timeline, my videos are still unplayable. I expected this when I had a radeon 6790, but not with a gtx 780ti that has cuda cores.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could have done wrong?

Specs:

CPU i7 4930K @ 4.5 GHz

Motherboard: Rampage IV Extreme

Ram: 32GB

Video Card: GTX 780ti OC

PSU: Seasonic 1050w Gold

HDD: Samsung Evo 500GB

Other Hard drives amount to 7TBs in total, Unraided

Windows 7. 64 bit