3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 2:13 PM by A.T. Romano

I had Premier Elements 7 and loved it  however, I just lost it somehow and don't know how to retreive it. Where do I even start?

joyce jp

I have lost the program I have been using for a while and have loved it..but it is now gone...that is...will not open although it's still listed on the programs file on the control panel. How do I go about retrieving it?

• 1. Re: I had Premier Elements 7 and loved it  however, I just lost it somehow and don't know how to retreive it. Where do I even start?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

joyce jp

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 7 running on?

Do you still have the Premiere Elements 7 icon displaying on the computer desktop?

If you double click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file, does the program open for you?

Local Disc C

Program Files (x84)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file that you double click.

If that does not work, the right click that file, select Run As Administrator, and try again.

Do you have the purchased serial number and an installation disc?

Assuming that you still have the desktop icon for the program, how far do you get if you double click that icon?

1. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

2. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

3. Do you have this problem with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR

• 2. Re: I had Premier Elements 7 and loved it  however, I just lost it somehow and don't know how to retreive it. Where do I even start?
            joyce jp Level 1

Thank you, ATR, for your quick response. Adobe Photoshop Elements was pre-loaded on this pc but I upgraded to Premiere Elements 7 before the pc was shipped, so I had access to both programs. Naturally I have been using Premiere.  I do not have (or cannot find) the serial number.  Here is what happens:

Both icons still display on the desktop. I double Click and the Photoshop little screen flashes on my desktop like it’s going to open but within 1-2 seconds, it disappears as if it were never there. Trying to open from Program Files does not open either...same thing. I don’t get an option to  Run as Administrator. When I right click I only get uninstall/change. I do have Administrator privileges. BTW I tried your suggestions below having disabled antivirus/firewall. I cannot answer your question re Quick Time…I do not find it on the pc….not sure I ever had it.

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon. Many thanks!

• 3. Re: I had Premier Elements 7 and loved it  however, I just lost it somehow and don't know how to retreive it. Where do I even start?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

joyce jp

Thanks for the reply.

First thing, let us clear the matter of the QuickTime install. That is an easy fix if that is the reason for your situation.

If you cannot find QuickTime 7 in the list of Installed Programs in Control Panel, then please install it

Apple - QuickTime - Download

The latest version should be 7.7.6 for Windows.

If you do not have QuickTime installed, then please download and install it.

If you have QuickTime installed but it is not the latest version, the download and install the latest version 7.7.6.

Did you ever get installation files or disc for Premiere Elements 7? I think that we might find your purchased serial number

at Adobe in "My Products", but it will do us no good if we do not have installation files or disc for the program. Hope we can find

the answer to the problem without having to resort to uninstall/reinstall which may not be possible under the circumstances.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

ATR