4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 3:56 PM by Chris Cox

Photoshop CS5 issue with Mac OSX 10.9.4

Lio-1

I recently bought a 27inch iMac, and booted it up using a time machine back up of my old MacBook Pro (that also ran OSX 10.9.4). Once things were running on my iMac, I tried opening up Photoshop, and this window popped up;

Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 3.17.37 PM.png

When I closed Photoshop this window popped up;

Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 3.17.57 PM.png

I did go through all Photoshop files in my finder (both in the App folder and the Library preferences), and changed the permissions, but the issue is still happening, plus other random ones. For example, I can't open a psd file right away. The first window will pop up when Photoshop is booting up, and then nothing happens. I then have to open the psd file again for it to come up. Another example; changes to my workspace don't stay when I reopen Photoshop. Lastly some of the drop down menus won't work when I click them. I have to click the photoshop icon down on my dock, and then the menu will appear.

All my other Adobe products are working just fine. I would want to reinstall Photoshop, but I don't know how to do that when the iMac doesn't have a disc drive. Also my old MacBook Pro can't connect to the new computer in order to use it's disk drive.

Is there a fix for this issue, or do I need to reinstall Photoshop again? If so, how? Thanks in advance!