0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 2:53 PM by Arjen van der Wal

After effects & Illustrator really slow on a fast computer :S

Arjen van der Wal Level 1

In serious need of a computer genius. I have a computer that should have a great performance although till now it's acting frustratingy slow with the Adobe Programs. I have the legal Adobe Creative Cloud. I mainly use Illustrator and After Effects and that is where I noticed the problems.

Illustrator: slows down over time. Over a period of half an hour the program gets extremely slow and laggy (happens with every project).

After Effects: Is really slow with rendering. Also RAM render goes extremely slow even with very very simple projects. (even a shape layer that only moves from the left to the right is RAM rendering frame per frame and takes half a second to render every frame -_-).

It's not workable. I have tried all kinds of forums and have all the settings of After Effects optimized.

My windows device Manager and System Information sais that everything is working ok. The RAM is detected by the System and also After Effects detects the RAM.

I don't know what the f*** is wrong.. Who can help me out?

This are some specifications of my computer. If you need any more info let me know.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
      Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Model MS-7751
      System Type x64-based PC
      Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
      Display adapters NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
      Disk Drivers Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series ATA Device
        WDC WD20EURS-63S48Y0 ATA Device
      BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V10.8, 12/17/2012
      SMBIOS Version 2.7

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
      Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
      Available Physical Memory 13.6 GB
      Total Virtual Memory 32.0 GB
      Available Virtual Memory 29.7 GB
      Page File Space 16.0 GB