2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 10:15 PM by boo radley 2013

Same zoom level for all tiled documents

boo radley 2013 Level 3

So I've been searching for the easiest way to switch between multiple documents in Photoshop, never knowing it was right under my nose:

Window/Arrange/Tile

..I can't believe the answer was there all that time lol.

The only issue with this is that when your documents are all tiled, some are zoomed in closer than others - this makes some of the documents difficult to distinguish. Is there a way to have all of the tiled docs zoom out so they "fit the tile", therefore showing us the entire document in its tile? (Kind of like 'View/Fit On Screen')... if there's no way to do it perhaps there's a way via scripting?

I've searched for a way to set the zoom level for all open documents to the same level (set them all to 50% for example). This could at least be a start and then I'm sure I could implement it. Haven't found anything helpful as of yet..

• 1. Re: Same zoom level for all tiled documents
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Which version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

If you set one of the tiled documents to your desired zoom level and then go to Window>Arrange>Match Zoom, does

that work?

• 2. Re: Same zoom level for all tiled documents
            boo radley 2013 Level 3

ah-ha, that's it!! Actually it's "Match All", and it will zoom all the windows out to the same level as the active document's zoom level that you were working on before you tiled all the docs. So for example if you're working on an image, and you have the zoom level set to 50%, then when you tile all documents, and then select 'match all', then *all* tiled documents will zoom out to 50%. I zoom out to about 6.25% before tiling, this way all the tiled docs will appear as small thumbnails, ensuring they all fit within their tiled window. Just what I was looking for. I could have been doing this for the last few years but instead was looking in the wrong places - had no clue that feature was there all along. SO much easier to switch between windows now.

Thank you!!