2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 5:33 AM by 19gretschman45

sony handy cam not recognised by premiere elements

19gretschman45

I have a Sony DCR TRV240E Handycam and when I connect it up via ilink to my Apple iMac I get a message that I haven't got a camera connected. I am running Mavericks on my iMac and have Premiere elements 12.1. I can control the Handycam from my computer but cannot download anything.

When I connect in the same way to iMovie there isn't a problem. So everything is fine on a free program but not on an expensive one, strange.

Anybody any ideas?

DaveC

• 1. Re: sony handy cam not recognised by premiere elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

19gretschman45

From what I have read of your camcorder it does have problems being recognized even by Sony software. But, it would appear in many cases, it is the USB connection involved, and then the recommendation is to go with firewire. But, you are using firewire.

In addition, you seem to have verified the integrity of the firewire connection and computer firewire port by being able to do the DV data capture firewire into iMovie.

Under the circumstances, you seem to be being forced into a iMovie solution for your captures.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user and do not do any DV or HDV Data captures with miniDV camcorders; nonetheless, unless you can come up with a driver update type answer, it looks like an iMovie task.

ATR

• 2. Re: sony handy cam not recognised by premiere elements
            19gretschman45 Level 1

Thanks for your reply. Yes I came to that conclusion. It's a pity that Adobe Premiere elements is so picky, if iMovie can do it then why not Adobe. I have manage my project through iMovie to alls well. Thanks again for your quick response.

DaveC