6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 11:17 AM by Emzee

reinstallare CS6

Tomax77

salve,

ho Cs6 installato su Imac e macbook pro (con 1 licenza posso metterlo su fisso e portatile), devo cambiare il portatile (dismettere il vecchio)e ne devo comprare un'altro macbook pro.  Come posso fare per la licenza ?

Grazie

Lorenzo

• 1. Re: reinstallare CS6
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You only need to deactivate the software on the old machine.  This is done by opening one of the applications and choosing Help -> Deactivate.  Doing this frees up your second activation and make it available for your new machine.

• 2. Re: reinstallare CS6
            Tomax77 Level 1

it's ok CS6 with yosemite ?

Thx

Lore

• 3. Re: reinstallare CS6
              Emzee

I have almost the same issue. The difference is that my previous laptop got stolen. I'm already using my new one with a new installation of CS6. But now CS6 thinks it's a trail version, with 8 days left. My original activation codes aren't accepted.

Do you have an advise for this situation?

ps. i tried opening a customers case with adobe, but that website seems to be down. (to be found only after antering all your information . And trying it twice doesn't help...)

• 4. Re: reinstallare CS6
                Tomax77 Level 1

i have full version, the problem isn't mavericks but cs6 with retina display

• 5. Re: reinstallare CS6
                  Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First contact Adobe support thru chat and ask them to reset your activations.  That way, in case you have two already tied up they can be freed and available for use again.

For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat option...

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)
                  http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html ( http://adobe.ly/1aYjbSC )

If you continue to have a problem, make sure you are trying to install the right software for the serial number.  If you own a suite you cannot install an individual application using the same serial number, and vice versa.

• 6. Re: reinstallare CS6
                    Emzee Level 1

Thank you for your reply.

Contacting support thru chat worked good and i was helped very well.It is not yet resolved for me, but at least i understand why it's not working.

In my case the issue is that my serial number expired (2 months ago, in this case).

Adobe support said this is not usual for a Adobe product. I am reffered to my reseller to have them provide me with a valid serial number.