3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2014 9:05 AM by dj_paige

my mac can't read Lightroom from external hard drive

Nikon70

I downloaded LR from Creative cloud.  My pics already installed in an external drive.  My mac is unable to read it.  even when I open LR which is installed on my machine, I can't see the pics which are in raw

• 1. Re: my mac can't read Lightroom from external hard drive
          dj_paige Level 9

Details, please?

What camera created these RAW files?

What error message or other symptom do you have that tells you "unable to read"?

Clarification please: Is it the "mac is unable to read it", what does the word "it" refer to, Lightroom or your photos or something else? Or is it Lightroom which is "unable to read it"? How do you know? What do you see (or not see)?

• 2. Re: my mac can't read Lightroom from external hard drive
            Nikon70 Level 1

Nikon 7100, when I open LR from mac, some file names can be seen, number of pics as well, but it says file not found.

when I open LR from my external hard drive, it says it can't open the catalogue because LR cannot save to external drive

• 3. Re: my mac can't read Lightroom from external hard drive
              dj_paige Level 9

Nikon 7100, when I open LR from mac, some file names can be seen, number of pics as well, but it says file not found.

Exactly what step, function or action are you performing in Lightroom when you get this problem? Is this in the Import dialog box, or is it from the Library Module, or something else. Please be specific. What are the exact words in the error message?

when I open LR from my external hard drive, it says it can't open the catalogue because LR cannot save to external drive

How are you trying to "open LR from my external hard drive"? Again, what step, function or action are you performing in Lightroom or in your operating system when it tells you it can't open the catalog? What are the exact words that are in the error message?