4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2014 7:01 AM by SailorCheryl

AppCrash Adobe Premiere Elements 10

SailorCheryl

Hello guys,

I need your help... Iam not longer able to use my Adobe Premiere Elements 10.

Everytime I start the program, the following message and problem in detail occur:

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH

Anwendungsname:    Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Anwendungsversion:    10.0.0.0

Anwendungszeitstempel:    4e5ffe8b

Fehlermodulname:    tbb.dll

Fehlermodulversion:    2.2.2009.1011

Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    4ad1da23

Ausnahmecode:    c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset:    000000000002e11b

Betriebsystemversion:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

Zusatzinformation 1:    bfe4

Zusatzinformation 2:    bfe4f32116e53269c40cb793b24d9516

Zusatzinformation 3:    fabf

Zusatzinformation 4:    fabfd6d2ad9dc1b09ef894206aeb2527

It worked perfect before, but now... it doesn not. I don't know what to do. About one year ago, a friend of mine gave me this program as a present. He installed everything. Iam afraid of reinstalling the program, because Iam not sure if I need a licence, code or something like that. It's a legally bought product, don't worry. Could I find informations about my licence on my computer? I don't have any contact to this friend, so... he won't help me anymore.

best regards

a german girl...

• 1. Re: AppCrash Adobe Premiere Elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sailorcheryl

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? And, what is the video card/graphics card that this computer uses?

Please see Device Manager/Display Adapters/ to confirm whether 1 or 2 cards and the card name.

When was before when it worked...a day, week, month, year ago?

If your computer uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card, then that is a problem that you need to address.

More later.

Looking forward to your additional information on this.

ATR

• 2. Re: AppCrash Adobe Premiere Elements 10
            SailorCheryl Level 1

Hi A.T. Romano,

thanks for your fast answer. Mine took longer, sry

Here the information you asked for:

processor: INTEL(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHz

Windows 8.1 64bit (x64)

card/video:

-> INTEL (R) HD Graphics 4000

-> NVIDEA GeForce GT 740M

I reinstalled Adobe Premiere Elements yesterday. I was afraid because of the serial number, because I read, that it has to be erased before beginning the reinstallation. But the problem was, that I couldn't start the program to erase the number, so I called the support, although they don't offer telephone support concerning Premiere Elements. He told me, that it shouldn't be a problem, if I cannot erase the serial number. It worked without erasing it, but It's unclear if this would work everytime I begin a new installation.

After I reinstalled it, Adobe Premiere Elements worked! But it only worked for yesterday. As I started the program today, it didn't work anymore.

The same problem as I desribed it above occured again. I was searching for the crash cause several hours. Iam so frustrated... Is it because of this tbb.dll modul? (see first post). Is it because of NVIDEA? I downloaded the newest version of Java, but it didn't work either. Is this a viral issue? Iam totally desperated, please guys... help me!

I would even pay for someone, who solves this problem for me. It has to stop!

These APP-Crash problems seem to occur in other programs too I read. And everytime I read those posts about those problems, nobody couldn't find a solution or... they FOUND a solution, but did not post/tell it after.

PLEASE HELP ME! I thought about buying a new software, but it might occur with that again. What shall I do?

Frustrated Jennifer *sniff*

• 3. Re: AppCrash Adobe Premiere Elements 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jennifer

Thanks for the reply. Can you run your computer with the NVIDIA GeForce disabled or removed and get all you need from just the Intel HD Graphics 4000 video card/graphics card? If so, I suggest that you go with that.

If you had only the NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M on your computer with Premiere Elements 10, you would have the major issue of the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce dilemma whose remedy is to roll back the NVIDIA Ge Force GT740M driver version to May 2013. But, this fix does not work for the Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce card user because NVIDIA does not have drivers old enough for Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit.

So right now we are looking at

a. trying to go with just the HD Intel Graphics 4000 video card/graphic card alone

or

b. getting another version of Premiere Elements since this Premiere Elements/NVIDIA GeForce issue is specific for version 10.

But, do not buy any software unless you evaluate the tryout of the program before purchase in order to determine the compatibility

of the program with your computer environment and your project goals.

The whole story on Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce can be found in the Announcement at the top of this forum and also in

the blog post

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

Please review and consider the above and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: AppCrash Adobe Premiere Elements 10
                SailorCheryl Level 1

Hi ATR,

it's me again...

Thank you for those informations.

What I found out so far is:

Everytime Iam uninstalling Premiere Elements 10 and after that installing it again, it works! BUT

It only works for this one session UNTIL I shut down my computer.

By restarting my computer, it doesn't work anymore, so... what the hell is going on???

It works after the re-installation. I could even use it several times AS LONG Iam NOT shutting down the computer. Theoretical I could use it forever if I won't shut my computer down anymore, but... you know that would be totally stupid.

Any suggestions? :/

best regards

Jenny