3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2014 4:41 PM by mdpacer

how to get color themes from color website into library

AndrewSchummer12

raary

• 1. Re: how to get color themes from color website into library
          ziggyjagger

I'm fairly new to this having only recently started using these tools again after six years, but will try to help! Go to "Explore", find a theme you like and click the "Edit" selection when you mouse over it. From there you can edit it or save a copy of it as is as whatever name you wish. In Photoshop or Illustrator, they will now show up in Adobe Color Themes (Window > Extensions > Adobe Color Themes) under "All Themes" in the drop menu. In these apps (and others that are Adobe Color Theme aware), any themes that you favorite on the site will show up under "My Favorites".

If you're using Fireworks, it's different as it still uses Kuler (Window > Extensions > Kuler).  Themes you save or favorite on the site don't automatically show up there, however you can search for themes by name, and if you select "Custom" from the theme group dropdown, you can enter up to four names that will show up in that dropdown menu and produce as many results as the window can hold for an individual term. For instance, I saved a theme as "Copy of Industrial Calm" which if I enter in the search box, the "group" is a group of one. However, if I just type "Industrial", the window fills with options, yet there are MANY more results on the Adobe Color site and you would have to be specific to get the right one in that window.

Hope that helps.

• 2. Re: how to get color themes from color website into library
            Bill Chamberlin

i was trying get my "Kuler.com" theme(s) into the new Adobe color app. I haven't found it yet.

The only work around I have found is to pull up you theme in Kuler and you can edit. Then take a screen cap.

In the color app you can then use your photo library to get the screen cap and use as a guide for your new colors in the app.

Hope that helps

Bill

• 3. Re: how to get color themes from color website into library
              mdpacer

Hi, so I'm just trying to learn these things, and one of the most distressing parts is that all coverage of this suggests that the process should begin with kind of selection similar to:

Window→ Extensions

But, when I open the window menu (as can be seen in the image below) there is nothing called Extensions. Which is extremely distressing.

Window_and_Menubar.jpg