4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 4:53 AM by BobLevine

List Box in Forms

mghisted

I'm creating a PDFs form which has a list box. Is it possible to format the text within the list box to reflect the rest of the text in the document . Ie font style etc etc I can change the font size when creating the list box but there's no other formatting options.

• 1. Re: List Box in Forms
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Not in InDesign. That has to be done in Acrobat.

• 2. Re: List Box in Forms
            mghisted Level 1

Many thanks. Can the document be created in indesign and then edited in Acrobat? Or do I have to do the whole thing in acrobat? Im not really an acrobat user...guessing I will need to learn.

many thanks

MArk

• 3. Re: List Box in Forms
              TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can create the form in InDesign, and then format each form field in

Acrobat. If you'll be going back and forth between InDesign and Acrobat

(for corrections, etc.) you'll lose the formatting and have to redo it

each time.

If your form is a single page, and has up to 10 form fields, you can use

the free version of FormMagic -- you create the form as usual in

InDesign, but run FormMagic in InDesign to save a file containing the

details of your form's formatting. Then, when you export the form to

Acrobat, you go to the FormMagic entry at the bottom of the edit menu in

Acrobat and run that command to restore the formatting to all your form

fields.

http://www.id-extras.com/products/formmagic

• 4. Re: List Box in Forms
                BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Depends on the changes. You can make changes to the layout and then replace the page in Acrobat while retaining the form fields. Of course if things moved, you'll need to move the fields to match.