7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 11:32 AM by A.T. Romano

Elements 13 Premiere

Elements 13 Pre

Why does my newly downloaded program only show the organizer page?  Where's the work page? Why does this page freeze up and I have to pull the plug on the back of the computer?

Robert

• 1. Re: Elements 13 Premiere
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: Elements 13 Premiere
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeff A. Wright

Somehow you transferred Robert's thread to the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum instead of where you said you we going to (Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum).

At this point, I am not sure with what version Robert is working with? So, let me ask.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Elements 13 Premiere
              Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Thanks ATR I have edited my post.

• 4. Re: Elements 13 Premiere
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Robert

With what program are you trying to work with - Photoshop Elements 13 or Premiere Elements 13? What did you download and install? If you are working on a Windows computer, please confirm in Control Panel/Installed programs.

Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are standalone programs. Each comes with Elements Organizer 13. When Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 13 catalog.

All that being said, we still do not know what Editor you are trying to get into - Premiere Elements 13 for video editing or Photoshop Elements 13 Editor for photo editing.

If you are really in the Elements Organizer 13 workspace, then look to the bottom of that workspace to a row of icons (from left to right)

Hide, Undo, Rotate, Add People, Add Places, Add Event, Slideshow, Editor.Next to the word Editor, click on the tiny triangle to get the drop down list for

External Editor

Video Editor

Photo Editor

If you want Premiere Elements 13, click Video Editor

If you want Photoshop Elements 13, click Photo Editor

But, I have another idea where you are - I think that you are caught in the new eLive interface.

To see if you are, please tell me what you see at the top of the place where you are -

Do you see a row of headers - eLive, Media, People, Places, Events, and eLive is highlighted?

Then you are in the Elements Organizer 13. See instructions above to get into the photo editor or the video editor.

or

Do you see a row of headers - eLive, Quick, Guided, Expert and eLive is highlighted?

If it is this last case, just click on Expert to get into the Expert (Edit) workspace of wherever you are, Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements.

We will be watching for your results.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification in any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Elements 13 Premiere
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeff A. Wright

Thanks.

I suspect Robert is really caught in version 13's new eLive workspace rather than the Elements Organizer 13 workspace.

But, if that is not the case, the answers will be in the details that Robert supplies.

We will work on the freezing issues involved after we get more details on the workspace involved.

ATR

• 6. Re: Elements 13 Premiere
                    Elements 13 Pre Level 1

I solved the problem.  I sent the program back to the vendor. What ever happened to plug and play?  And Adobe has no tech support. That's no way to run a railroad.  

Robert

Sent from my iPhone

• 7. Re: Elements 13 Premiere
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Robert

Thanks for the follow up. Would have been glad for the opportunity to try to help you to get Premiere Elements 13 issues sorted out and the program

(Editor and Elements Organizer) working for you.

If you ever want to revisit Premiere Elements as your video editor, please do not hesitate to post with the details of your situation.

But, since you have decided to come to end of track with Premiere Elements, we wish you well in whatever your video editor choice

turns out to be.

Best wishes

ATR

Add On..I am not affiliated with Adobe in anyway....just user to user.