5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2008 10:42 AM by smithanderson

Flex / Coldfusion wiz problems, problems, problems

rica_help
      Can someone please help me with this error?

I downloaded the latest edition of CF, applied the updates, and installed the latest version of Flex 2 with the CF extensions, along with the new flex patch. I have had success only once with the Flex 2's coldfusion project wiz. Now, everything I try to complete a new tutorial, I get the following error:

"The project could not be created. Please check the webroot folder (it may overlap with an existing project)."

I have tried re-installing cf and flex at least 7 times now. I've tried deleting everything out of the wwwroot folder. Nothing works. Three days have been eaten up on this prob.
        • 1. Re: Flex / Coldfusion wiz problems, problems, problems
          rica_help Level 1
          I figured out how to solve this problem, and the solution is very, very ugly. So ugly, as a matter of fact, that I have a piece of advice for anyone who encounters this error: Consider not using the extensions at all. Don't even bother with them. Just uninstall them, along with CF, and forget that you ever trodded down this path.

In brief, if your cf extensions work presently, cross your fingers, knock on wood, and toss a little salt over your right shoulder, because you're gonna really hate what you'll have to do to fix this little problem should it arise.

Much luck.
          • 2. Re: Flex / Coldfusion wiz problems, problems, problems
            Harmeister
            It's much much much simpler than that: you have existing projects in flex builder that are overlapping (even if the projects are closed).

For example: you have a project set to C:\InetPub\wwwroot and you are trying to create a project in the wizard set to C:\InetPub\wwwroot\testFlexWizard or something. See how they overlap? (the second is part of the first) Eclipse does not allow that to happen. Even if you had the wwwroot project closed in FlexBuilder when you ran the wizard, this would still occur. Projects cannot overlap like that.
            • 3. Re: Flex / Coldfusion wiz problems, problems, problems
              Afineon
              Hi!
              Please excuse me for my bad English.

I get the same error,
              so is there any "official" solution that can help(excl. reinstall of all software)?
              Is there any special file that contains information about active projects? or where this information could be found?
              thanx
              • 4. Re: Flex / Coldfusion wiz problems, problems, problems
                Nick_Name
                Hi Dean,
                In reference to the "(it may overlap with an existing project)" issue, can you briefly describe the steps to fix the problem? It seems people have deleted projects, reinstalled software, and reinstalled their OS to find a solution.

Is there a config file in Eclipse that can be altered? HELP!
                • 5. Flex / Coldfusion wiz problems, problems, problems
                  smithanderson
                  quote:

Originally posted by: Harmeister
                  It's much much much simpler than that: you have existing projects in flex builder that are overlapping (even if the projects are closed).

For example: you have a project set to C:\InetPub\wwwroot and you are trying to create a project in the wizard set to C:\InetPub\wwwroot\testFlexWizard or something. See how they overlap? (the second is part of the first) Eclipse does not allow that to happen. Even if you had the wwwroot project closed in FlexBuilder when you ran the wizard, this would still occur. Projects cannot overlap like that.

Is there any reason you are stating the obvious without a solution? So what do we do when we get this error?