6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2014 8:49 AM by 123Pelle

How do I open the plugins from Nic software in lightroom?

123Pelle

How do I open the Nic software plugins in Lightroom?

• 1. Re: How do I open the plugins from Nic software in lightroom?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

On my computer, I right-click on an image and in the context menu that appears I go to "Open with" and all of the Nik plug-ins are available on that list. One exception is the HDR plug-in, which is available through the export dialogue.

• 2. Re: How do I open the plugins from Nic software in lightroom?
            123Pelle Level 1

Thank you for your answer, but the problem is, that I can't see the plug in, in the plugin. It's grey, an doesn' showed in the plugin manager.

Sendt fra min iPad

Den 07/11/2014 kl. 16.42 skrev JimHess <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

created by JimHess in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

On my computer, I right-click on an image and in the context menu that appears I go to "Open with" and all of the Nik plug-ins are available on that list.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6909090#6909090

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 3. Re: How do I open the plugins from Nic software in lightroom?

The only Nik plug-in that shows in my plug-in manager is the HDR efex Pro 4. All of the other plug-ins are simply accessed from the "Edit in" option when I right click on an image. When you right-click on an image and choose "Edit in", are you saying that the Nik plug-ins are listed but they are grayed out?

• 4. Re: How do I open the plugins from Nic software in lightroom?
                123Pelle Level 1

Yes thats correct. I'm able to see all the the plug-ins in the manager, but as you say, they are grey, and disabled.

Sendt fra min iPad

Den 07/11/2014 kl. 20.03 skrev JimHess <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

The only Nik plug-in that shows in my plug-in manager is the HDR efex Pro 4. All of the other plug-ins are simply accessed from the "Edit in" option when I right click on an image. When you right-click on an image and choose "Edit in", are you saying that the Nik plug-ins are listed but they are grayed out?

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6909697#6909697

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 5. Re: How do I open the plugins from Nic software in lightroom?

Right-click doesn't invoke the plug-in manager. It simply provides a list of programs or plug-ins that are installed correctly and can be used in Lightroom. If this is the list you are talking about, and the Nik plug-ins are grayed out, then I would suggest that you reinstall the Nik plug-ins.

• 6. Re: How do I open the plugins from Nic software in lightroom?
                    123Pelle Level 1

Ok I will try that, thank you very much for your answers. Regards Hans-Henrik

Sendt fra min iPad

Den 07/11/2014 kl. 20.03 skrev JimHess <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6909697#6909697