2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 10:36 AM by atjgraphics

Typing in Arabic using a non-Middle Eastern(ME) Adobe Creative Suite such as CS6

atjgraphics

@

Typing in Arabic using a non-Middle Eastern(ME) Adobe Creative Suite such as CS6

Hiya!

Currently I have Adobe CS6 English and figured out a way to type in Arabic and English.

In case you did not know this earlier and are using a Mac, in order for me to use Arabic on an English version of Adobe CS6 you should go to System Preferences.

On System Preferences select Keyboards then the input sources tab where you select the plus sign and chose the language you would like to use eg. Arabic.

Now you can open example InDesign and make a new file. On the top right select the flag to change the language you would like to use such as Arabic. Chose an arabic font such as Adobe Arabic and then type away. So when you want to use English you change the language accordingly and chose the right fonts for it to work.

Now I realized one small problem here. I am typing in Arabic which is great but they are not forming sentences but only individual letters.

Any Idea how I can rectify this?

Any advice is much appreciated?

Thank you