11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 1:21 PM by A.T. Romano

premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message

Matze S.

hello everybody,

pe11 worked well at my Laptop.

Since a week it always shut down while starting it.

No error message!

I already reinstalled it, tried to start with admin rights, but it doesn't work.

Thanks for your answers!

Win 7 64bit

• 1. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Matze S

Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Before a week ago, how long had you been working with Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit without problems?

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on that computer with Premiere Elements 11?

Any new programs, 3rd party plug-ins and codecs, installed?

Where are the Scratch Disks directed and how much free space is at those designated locations? Any pile ups

of preview files in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder or conformed audio files in the Media Cache

Files Folder.

Let us get the classic deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file out of the way.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 11.0 Folder

in which it exists. Be sure to be working with Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Depending on how things are going, you might also include right clicking the desktop icon for the program, selecting and applying Run As

Administrator.

Let us work through the above and then, based on your results, we can decide what next if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
            Matze S. Level 1

Since more than a year.

I did all this nothing worked.

But I

Since over a year.

I did all this, nothing worked.

But I noticed, if I open a Video in lightroom it also shut down.

And Windows shows this error message:

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH

Anwendungsname:    lightroom.exe

Anwendungsversion:    4.4.0.11

Anwendungszeitstempel:    514b016c

Fehlermodulname:    atio6axx.dll

Fehlermodulversion:    6.14.10.9210

Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    4b043cea

Ausnahmecode:    c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset:    000000000000d268

Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

Zusatzinformation 1:    7320

Zusatzinformation 2:    7320ec8f28e1f0617cafd44d53342595

Zusatzinformation 3:    6da3

Zusatzinformation 4:    6da35b7bc39fc6e51e98d2d161db68b4

does this help?

• 3. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Matze S

Thanks for the reply with the additional details of your situation.

You note that if you try to import a video in Lightroom (assumed Lightroom 4), Lightroom

shuts down.

In view of that, please verify what you are encountering in Premiere Elements 11.

You say Premiere Elements 11 is shutting down while starting - no error message

a. does this problem exist just opening Premiere Elements 11, even before you can get to

the Expert or Quick workspace and import a video?

or

b. does this problem exist only after you try to import your video into the Expert workspace

or Quick workspace of the program?

ATR

• 4. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
                Matze S. Level 1

Lightroom 4.4 shuts down if I click on a Video to play it.

I only see this and than Premiere Elements 11 shuts down.

APE-11_starting.jpg

• 5. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Matze S

You wrote

I did all this nothing worked

Just double checking on my most likely choices....

Did you say that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the same computer with Premiere Elements 11 and Lightroom 4?

Troubleshoot video issues in Lightroom 4

If you go to Premiere Elements 11 Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTIme, do you have QuickTime Presets?

Make sure that you are running the programs from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and also right click Premiere Elements 11 desktop icon, select Run as Administrator, and apply it to that Premiere Elements desktop icon.

Do the problems exist if the antivirus and firewall(s) are disabled?

In your screenshot of Premiere Elements 11 Splash Screen, you show it loading at Wave AE.prm.

It that where the loading stops? If you go to

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 11

Plug-ins

Common

New Blue

do you find a WaveAE.prm file in the New Blue folder?

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
                    Matze S. Level 1

I have installed and reinstalled the latest version of QuickTime (7.76.80.95).

I don't know where I should search, to find this:

If you go to Premiere Elements 11 Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTIme, do you have QuickTime Presets?

Yes I´m Admin and run as Admin.

antivirus and firewall disabled -> does not change anything.

loading stops while importing "ImporterQuickTime.prm" you can see in the logs last entry:

--------------

C:\Users\Matthias\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0\Plugin Loading.log:

Loading C:\Mein\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Plug-ins\Common\ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm

The registry tells us not to cache so the plugin will be loaded from disk.

Loading from disk...

This plugin was recognized by loader d3092dcf-904a-4a97-b4ca-66aed7540d57.

Loading C:\Mein\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Plug-ins\Common\ImporterQuickTime.prm

The registry tells us not to cache so the plugin will be loaded from disk.

Loading from disk...

This plugin was recognized by loader ba1058cd-0007-44e4-bf1a-0ef51307b979.

--------------------

• 7. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Matze S

Thanks for the reply with additional details.

Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit

When you get to "Computer" in that path, you need to use the thin scroll bar to the right of the choices so that

you can see the choices near the bottom of the list. QuickTime choice is one of the choices to the bottom of the list.

Please see

QuickTime-1.jpg

The ImporterQuickTime.prm is a particularly difficult issue to target. But, let us start with the

integrity of the QuickTime install.

What we may go with is

1. Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

3. Reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

We will watch for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
                        Matze S. Level 1

Thank you!

No I understand.

But the problem is that I can not look up because the program as I said does not open.

I uninstalled QuickTime and Premiere

restart

have cleaned the registry and the PC with CCleaner

restart

First I have reinstalled QT with antivirus and firewall disabled.

restart

then PE 11 with antivirus and firewall disabled.

It doesn't help, same error.

• 9. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Matze S

Thanks for the following and exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

Because of the specific place where the program stops loading, I do not believe we have sought to rule in or out the video card/graphics card that you computer uses. It has not been high on my list of candidates for causing the problem, but let us be sure nonetheless. With your computer's Device Manager/Display Adapters/ list, verify the name of your computer's video card/graphics card and its update status according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card. If there are more than 1 card listed for Display Adapters, please give the information for both.

Also........

Consider the following 3 to see if any lead to success....

a. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if necessary, the whole 11.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which

the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the whole path cited.

b. Create a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and install and run Premiere Elements there along with QuickTime.

Are you still having problems with Lightroom 4?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
                            Matze S. Level 1

Sorry for the late answer.

I was very busy in the last weeks.

The Problem is solved.

After reinstalling the Graphic Driver again, it worked!

No idea why. Maybe the first reinstallation failed?!

Thank you very much for all the tips!

• 11. Re: premiere Elements 11 shut down while starting; without error message
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Matze S

Thank you for the update. Always glad to learn of the great news "The Problem is solved."

Great job of staying with the troubleshooting and working through the details of it to get to your solution.

We are very pleased with the outcome. Your report will be appreciated by all.

Best wishes.

ATR