1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 5:55 PM by jeromiec83223024

Cannot Eject 'Flash Player Installer' from Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10

mandolinmac

Hi,

I have a re-occuring problem with the Flash Installer on my Dad's Mac.

Flash Player was successfully installed onto the MacBook Pro quite a while ago, and it is currently up to date with the latest version. However, the 'Flash Player Installer' is still on the

desktop (screenshot attached).

Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 23.52.43.png

Whenever you eject it (it does disappear from the desktop (screenshot attached))Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 23.52.24.png

, as soon as you open the finder, 'Flash Player Installer' reappears and opens (screenshot attached). Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 23.52.43.png

We have tried everything, even uninstalling and reinstalling. When we reinstalled, a separate 'Flash Player Installer' opened alongside the original one.

Please help.

Calum McIlroy

• 1. Re: Cannot Eject 'Flash Player Installer' from Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10
          jeromiec83223024 Adobe Employee

Recent versions of MacOS reopen windows for you because it's convenient or something.  I think it's a really confusing user experience, and rarely what I want the system to do.  I'm primarily a Mac user at this point, and it totally freaks me out on a daily basis. 

Anyway, do the following:

Open Finder and eject the Adobe Flash Player disk image from the left-hand column, if it's still mounted.

Then log out of the machine, but uncheck the "Reopen windows when logging back in" on the logout dialog.