Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Eject 'Flash Player Installer' from Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a re-occuring problem with the Flash Installer on my Dad's Mac.

Flash Player was successfully installed onto the MacBook Pro quite a while ago, and it is currently up to date with the latest version. However, the 'Flash Player Installer' is still on the

desktop (screenshot attached).

Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 23.52.43.png

Whenever you eject it (it does disappear from the desktop (screenshot attached))Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 23.52.24.png

, as soon as you open the finder, 'Flash Player Installer' reappears and opens (screenshot attached). Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 23.52.43.png

We have tried everything, even uninstalling and reinstalling. When we reinstalled, a separate 'Flash Player Installer' opened alongside the original one.

Please help.

Calum McIlroy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recent versions of MacOS reopen windows for you because it's convenient or something.  I think it's a really confusing user experience, and rarely what I want the system to do.  I'm primarily a Mac user at this point, and it totally freaks me out on a daily basis. 

Anyway, do the following:

Open Finder and eject the Adobe Flash Player disk image from the left-hand column, if it's still mounted.

Then log out of the machine, but uncheck the "Reopen windows when logging back in" on the logout dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines