7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2014 5:08 PM by A.T. Romano

Lag after finalizing project

jfkemy

Hi I'm french canadian so sorry for my bad English !!

I updated my Premiere Element 12 to 13. Element 12 was working great. Element 13 is working fine for the edition part of the project. No lag when rendering it. But when the file is finalized using publish and share the video is lagging when I'm viewing the final product.

I'm having a I7, 16 gig of ram, all driver or updated, running on 8.1

Please give me your tips to resolve that problem. I reinstall Element 4 times without any change on the result.

Jeff

• 1. Re: Lag after finalizing project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeff

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 8.1 64 bit

Lots of questions.

Let us start at the end and work backward.

1. What are you using to view your export from Premiere Elements 13?

2. What is your export choice and the settings involved - Publish+Share/and then what?

3. What is the duration of the Timeline content?

4. What is the Timeline content - video (format and duration), photos (pixel dimensions and how many), other?

5. What did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the project preset to match the properties

of your source media?

Are you saying that the Timeline content before export was rendered with the Render Button above the Timeline

and gave you a very good best possible preview of what was playing in the Edit area monitor? If so, that makes

it even more important that you include all the details of the Publish+Share/ that you used.

We will be watching for further details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Lag after finalizing project
            jfkemy Level 1

salut Romano !!

1. What are you using to view your export from Premiere Elements 13?  Windows media Player and Quictime player

2. What is your export choice and the settings involved - Publish+Share/and then what? I try a lot with all the same lagging result...MPEG NTSC DVD Standard, AVCHD M2T H264 1440 X 1080i 25 and YouTube widescreen HD...with element 12 all those were working great with no lag

3. What is the duration of the Timeline content? 1 min 20...3 short clip, no effect, no music add

4. What is the Timeline content - video (format and duration), photos (pixel dimensions and how many), other? 3 short clip (Full HD) 1920 1080 29FPS .mov, no effect, no music add

5. What did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the project preset to match the properties.  Just put together 3 clip no Instant movie no effect at all...

of your source media?

Regarding your last question. Yes in preview mode after rendering it show a smooth video...only after exporting it that the lagging start...

Jeff

• 3. Re: Lag after finalizing project
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeff

Thank you for the reply.

You mention that your source clips are 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 frames per second. Can you tell us whether that is 29.97 progressive frames per second or 29.97 interlaced frames per second?

If your video is 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second, then the project preset should be

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD 1080i30

If your video is 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second, then the project preset should be

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30@29.97

When you go to export, please try the following if you have not already

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30

What video card/graphics card does your computer use?

When you say that your playback lags, does the video and audio go out of sync?

Is your Premiere Elemens 12 and 13 using the same computer?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Lag after finalizing project
                jfkemy Level 1

hey Romano !!! you hit the target !!! My source video was in 1080p.

So I exported it in MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30 and the lagging is gone (for the small video !!!)

I did the same  with my big video 1h30 min with a lot of effect and different music. I can note a couple of moment with a little bit of lagging...

Should I go with a lower frame per sec like - H.264 1920 x 1080p25 or the quality will be lower...

Thanks for your time so far !!!

Jeff

• 5. Re: Lag after finalizing project
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeff

Just be careful with the frame rates at export.

NTSC and PAL do not have the same significance for HD as they do for SD. But, the frame rates 25 frames per second (PAL) and 29.97 frames per second (NTSC) continue to have regional significance.

I am wondering if your 30 to 30 versus 30 to 25 frame rates are involved with those lags?

What happens if you import with the project preset suggested. Then right click the file's thumbnail in Project Assets, select Interpret footage, and, in the frame rate section of the Interpret Footage dialog, dot the "Assume this frame rate" and type in 25 if you decide to go with a 25 frames per second frame rate in the export? Good, does not make a difference, worse when you look at the rendered playback in the Edit area and after export?

ATR

• 6. Re: Lag after finalizing project
                    jfkemy Level 1

I did some test. I exported using MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p25 ..and it lag a lot...so not a good idea to go lower than the 30 original fps

I did your other idea and my 1h30 min became a 1h41 and it was not so bad on lagging but the music/voice were slower to match the 1h41...

So I will keep doing some test to see if I can find a better setting but in  MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30 it very acceptable...

Thanks for your help

Jeff

• 7. Re: Lag after finalizing project
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeff

Thanks for the follow up.

Many players can playback the NTSC frame rate (29.97/30) as well as the PAL frame rate (25).

Just check out the specifications of the players that are likely to be involved.

ATR