2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2014 1:34 PM by Rick Gerard

How to create 3D logo which have 2 pictures in one photo for my site logo

Pankajbhatt1990

Hello sir/mam

I have created simple 2 logo for my site, now I want to add them in single image and give the 3D view so that, one single photo looks different from different angles. I want it for my office table.

I have seen pictures like this, but I have tried internet guides on this but failed to make it look 3D. You can check the site logo from here : http://happynewyear2015greetings.com/

Please tell me what are the methods to combine two images in one and make it single image look different from different angles. thankyou

• 1. Re: How to create 3D logo which have 2 pictures in one photo for my site logo
          HarryHoag Level 1

Hi, I don't think I'm totally sure what you want, but one work around for making a 2d image 3d is to make it a 3d layer in after effects and then duplicate it a lot of times, offsetting the copies in z-depth, so that it builds up and extruded look.

Alternatively, if you have CS6, and the logo as a vector, you can copy the path from illustrator, and paste it into after effects as a mask. You can then copy the mask path into a shape layer, switch the AE renderer from classic to ray-traced, then use the geometry options on the layer to extrude it in 3d. If you dont have CS6, I've also used the repeater effect in shape layers to again make many duplicates of the same shape which will make a sort of 'fake' 3d extrusion.

Also I think photoshop and illustrator both have rudimentary 3D extrusion options, but I've never really used them. I would hedge bets that after effects does it better, and I also use cinema 4d which would beat after effects!

hope some of that helps!

H.

• 2. Re: How to create 3D logo which have 2 pictures in one photo for my site logo
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you want a stereo image then it's not going to work on a website unless you give your viewers 3D glasses and render a stereo image. If you just want to do an extruded version of your logo then you can do that in AE.