3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2014 6:13 AM by Was DYP

display metadata on image when exporting?

apmarina

I have a client who would like to see a date & time stamp displayed in a corner of all the images when I export them from RAW files. Is this possible in LR 3.4, and if so, can someone please tell me how/where to look? I've been all over it, can't find it.

Thanks

Andy

• 1. Re: display metadata on image when exporting?
          Jim Wilde Level 5

There's a limited capability in the Print module (i.e. using the Print to Jpeg option), though not sure it will allow both date and time. A much more flexible option, which would allow you to do exactly what you want, is the export plug-in LR/Mogrify2.

• 2. Re: display metadata on image when exporting?
            apmarina Level 1

Thank you. I've never used a plug-ins and I don't think I have time to learn, so for now I'll just make a text watermark of the date, which I think will suffice for now. I'll have to get more into the plug-in thing later. I was hoping I missed something in the LR built-in tools. After all, my point & shoot can embed the date & time, you'd think LR would. Oh well! Thanks very much.

Andy

• 3. Re: display metadata on image when exporting?
              Was DYP Level 3

Jim Wilde wrote:

There's a limited capability in the Print module (i.e. using the Print to Jpeg option), though not sure it will allow both date and time. A much more flexible option, which would allow you to do exactly what you want, is the export plug-in LR/Mogrify2.

Don't think LR/Mogrify 2 works in LR5.6. I can't get it to put anything on the image when exporting.