13 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2015 5:45 PM by A.T. Romano

I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.

Pepacors06

The Refund wasn't sent to me because PSE 13 still active and I was instructed to deactivate it by going to Help>Deactivate the product but when I go to Help I don't see a choice to deactivate. I have also signed out of the cloud. Thanks!

• 1. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Pepacors06

Who instructed you to go to Premiere Elements 13 Help Menu/Deactivate to deactivate the program? That route has not been in existence since before Premiere Elements 12.

In Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and 13, you go to an opened project's Help Menu/Sign Out, click on Sign Out, and follow the instructions. Close of the program when finished. Deactivation is not the same as Uninstall. And, uninstall (the usual Control Panel way) is the next step to get the deactivated program off your computer.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
            PaulEK Level 1

I'm glad I found this page. Here's my related question: HOW DO I GET MY REFUND????? Every page on the website that mentions returns takes me to a generic support page, where almost none of the options mention returns. Those few that do take me to a page that has instructions about deactivation (with NO description of what that means or how to do it) and uninstalling. Underneath that there's a link to 'request a return' which takes me right back to the almost useless, generic support page. When I click on 'still need help?', it takes me to the same page! When I finally get to a way to chat, I type in my issue, click on 'chat', and.... nothing. Nada; no change, no spinning symbol that indicates waiting.

When I looked online for a phone number to call, it has terrible reviews, saying wait times were 47-67 minutes! And several people said that, after that indescribably unacceptable wait, they didn't even get their problem solved!

I worked with Adobe for more than a week to get Elements 13 installed on my computer. I spent more than ten hours (not including time away from the screen) trying to get the trial version to open, including an hour and a half with a tech on the phone. When the issue was finally fixed, I was informed that my trial was cancelled, even though I'd never opened the software! (Apparently, the things i did to get it to work -- on the advice of Adobe Support -- caused the ending of the trial.

So I bought it, after being told I could 'easily' return it within 30 days. What was I thinking? It does not do what I need it to do, so I don't want it. I'd like my $80 back, and really wish it wouldn't take another long slog to get it.

• 3. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

PaulEK

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user. But the following has worked for others.

If you purchased direct from Adobe and are within 30 days of the purchase date, you should be able to get your refund by clicking on the following link to get to Chat Panel representative who handles refunds.

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

As of a moment ago, the Chat Panel was visible.

If you had purchased from an authorized reseller you would have to go after that seller for the refund according to the return policy of that

seller.

The above is the latest information that I have on this type of situation. Please let us know if the above works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
                PaulEK Level 1

A. T. Romano. Thanks for your advice. But I already tried what you suggested last night. Chat did not work. When I entered a description of my issue, and then clicked on the 'start chat' button, nothing happened. I just tried it again. Same thing: nothing; no error message; no spinning symbol; nothing.

I would assume that this is just a temporary issue with Adobe chat, except for the fact that, the last time I tried to do something through Adobe -- download a trial version of this very program -- nearly a week of forum posts and an hour and a half on the phone with a tech led to a kind of failure. My confidence level is not high.

I have only so many days to make this return. I will try calling on the phone today. I have read bad things about that; both how long the waits are and how unsuccessful the results.

• 5. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

PaulEK

Thanks for the update.

Not sure what is going on with those Adobe Chat lines. The Chat Orders one has been the most reliable for making contact with any of the Chat reps.

Have you seen the following and tried the Chat link at the bottom of the Adobe document?

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-cancel-or-change-order.html#Retur n%20your%20order%20%C2%A0

These all very well may lead to the same place, but let us see.

Looking forward to the outcome. The choice of Ask the Community is not applicable for returns which only Adobe can handle.

Let us hope that Adobe Staff will enter this thread to clarify and define what is going on with the Adobe Chat opportunities.

ATR

• 6. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
                    PaulEK Level 1

A. T. Romano. Again, the page you link to is the very one I mention in my first post, where the 'request a return' button leads right back to the page that led me to the generic support page. There is nowhere that actually leads to a direct link to making a return, or even directions about how to do it. The only choice is to get into chat about a not-quite-the-same-as-return topic; and then chat does not work.

Let us hope that Adobe Staff will enter this thread to clarify and define why the entire website does not have clear directions about how to make a return and get a refund.

• 7. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
                      PaulEK Level 1

OH MY SWEARWORD GOD!!!!!!

I just called customer service on the phone and, after selecting my product, Elements, was told via machine that '...telephone customer service for your product is not available, please go to the online support page. We will disconnect this call now.'

Can Adobe do ANYTHING right?!

• 8. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
                        PaulEK Level 1

I just tried another phone number, and followed multiple phone trees. THERE IS NO WAY TO GET PHONE SUPPORT from Adobe when your issue is being UNABLE TO GET INTERNET SUPPORT. How the swear word do you stay in business??!!

• 9. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

PaulEK

Have you had any break throughs in getting to Adobe for your refund since you last post in your thread?

In your very first post in this thread, you included

I was instructed to deactivate it by going to Help>Deactivate the product but when I go to Help I don't see a choice to deactivate

Did you actually make contact with Adobe Staff who gave you those instructions? If so, how did you make that contact? And can you use that portal again?

Or, were you just reading some generic instructions on refunds that you read somewhere?

Please keep trying

If you purchased direct from Adobe and are within 30 days of the purchase date, you should be able to get your refund by clicking on the following link to get to Chat Panel representative who handles refunds.

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

As of a moment ago, the Chat Panel was visible.

We will be watching for further developments. I cannot envision that Chat Orders being discontinued without warning.

As of a few moments ago

refunds.JPG

ATR

• 10. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
                            PaulEK Level 1

A. T. Romano. I did keep trying until I had to leave for work. i also got an email form one of the techs who assisted me in initially getting the software loaded onto the computer, saying he was closing that case. I answered it, explaining this problem. We traded some explanatory emails, and he said he'd have someone call. They did, and reached my wife. They have gone into the guts of Adobe and started the refund process, saying it would take 3-5 days. All I needed to do, he said, is uninstall elements 13, which I just did. My wife had the foresight to tell him that she worried this would not work, either, and asked him for a phone number, which he gave her.

Thanks for sticking with me on this, and I'd like to say once more that the people at Adobe and on the forums have been fantastic: patient, helpful, and patient. The Adobe website? Not so much.

• 11. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

PaulEK

Thank you for that wonderful news that you and an Adobe representative have been in contact and your Premiere Elements 13 refund is in process.

Best wishes moving forward.

Your follow up is much appreciated.

ATR

• 12. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
                                barbaray61922005 Level 1

Thank you AT Romano.  As others found out chat just sits there.  However we waited over 30 minutes and someone finally came on.  The rep did ask if I was still there.  Assumption might be that only an idiot would wait that long for someone to respond  Glad we did.  I do have something to add.

This whole deactivation thing was the worst part.  After countless hours of research I noticed that there was a "sign off" option under HELP on the photoshop elements 13 menu.  I clicked sign off and it told me that signing off would deactivate my product.  WHAT!!!! Why was it buried there?  Of course I signed off.  I had also installed photoshop premier elements so I went to HELP menu there.  I was already signed off.  Guessing that signing off PE 13 also signs off premier.  At any rate, with the products deactivated, I was then able to uninstall them.  I used your link, which filled in the proper options, selected "chat" waited an unbelievable amount of time with no sign that anything was happening, and Voila, a representative came on.  Told him/her that I had deactivated and uninstallled and within less than 10 minutes the rep had issued me a refund.

Hoping this saves someone else some grief:  Go to HELP, and Sign off to deactivate. 

• 13. Re: I need to deactivate Premier Elements 13 for a refund.
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

barbaray

Thanks for the update with the good news Adobe gave you the return/refund that you sought. Great job of patience and stick-to-it-tiveness.

Product Deactivation (which is done within the opened project) and Uninstall are not the same, and things can get complicated when you do not do the deactivation before the uninstall as in your case where you were doing a return/refund request.

In Premiere Elements 12 and 13, as you found out, the deactivation is done using the Help Menu/Sign Out in the opened project. Close out of there. And, in the case of Windows, head for Control Panel to uninstall the program.

In Premiere Elements 11 and earlier, the deactivaton is named for what it is using Help Menu/Deactivate.

But, whenever you are involved with Elements and need answers, please do not hesitate to ask. Either we will have the answers or tell you where to go for them.

Best wishes for whatever decisions you make about your video editing.

ATR