2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2014 1:21 PM by wraiththe

Is there a one click save all edits to copies of photos option?

wraiththe

HI,

Assuming... I have this correct... is there a way to export and merge all your "edits" with your photos and save them as copies with one click rather than individually / one at a time? 

Why?  Ultimately so I can save my resulting good photos... thousands... as copies that I can use with other apps... or NO apps.

But why?   OK, I am new and uncomfortable with the file system in lightroom.  The way I understand it is you create a catalog, basically thumbnails of your images on your drive.  Then any edits you do become part of a metafile, which is a large database of all your edits for all your photos in one file.  When you pull up an image from a "catalog" (assuming you have not moved it) LR pulls up the image and combines it with the edits you made from the "metafile" to show you your edited photo.

OK, but why?   Because I use other software and AFTER my year is up, I may not renew. 
      The file system seems geared to make you dependent on Adobe and frankly, if that is so, it bothers me greatly.  (Wait till SharePoint catches up to us.)

1) do not want my modified images locked up or my edits inaccessible.

2) I would like to try and learn it Adobe's way, and not have multiple copies all over the place.

3) but I am going to have to give up my hierarchy and easy way to find and save pics to do it Adobe's way  (which I still do not completely understand.)

4) There are some things I do very easily with Photoshop and Cannot use Adobe until I figure them out... if at all possible.

SO before I commit to a years purchase.   Can someone answer my rather direct question as stated in the first two lines.

Thank you,

Kevin

I am old school, been using computers since before the 286's and the catalogs and this proprietary stuff is confusing because I have not found an explanation that helps me ask the right questions or explains it the way I need it.  So, aside from the intro training videos... if anyone knows a information source that is useful, direct, to the point (that does not make you sit in your chair going ... My God, I have other things to do today, get to the point... Please share.  I will consider every link.  (I am used to being the Go To guy and this is frustrating.)

• 1. Re: Is there a one click save all edits to copies of photos option?
          dj_paige Level 9

Because I use other software and AFTER my year is up, I may not renew.

In which case, all parts of Lightroom except develop and map are still available to you, indefinitely, which allows you to export your edited photos from Lightroom after you stop paying the subscription.

Is there a one-click way to save every edited photo? No, but you can do it with multiple clicks (Select All Photos, File->Export, set the desired options, click on Export), and even given all of your misgivings about Lightroom (which many people share and many people don't share), that seems to me like overkill. Worst case scenario: you stop paying your subscription and then you can still perform this export at that time.

• 2. Re: Is there a one click save all edits to copies of photos option?
            wraiththe Level 1

Thank you, was clear, to the point, useful, and assuring.  And you got what I meant by "one click."

I will endeavor to correct the person who suggested I would lose my edits.

Thank you again.

Do you make tutorials?