6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2014 3:17 AM by Peter Villevoye

Exporting in a different format other than HTML?

Zero.Freeze

Hello.  I made an animation in Adobe Edge Animate CC Pro and I can play it on my computer just fine with the .HTML document.  Just when I tried to post it to Facebook to show everyone it wasn't one of the supported file types. Ok np it's just facebook.  I recently started up my Creative Cloud online storage and when I tried uploading just the .HTML file it wouldn't play, yet images show up just fine on my CC file storage.  You would think this .HTML would be easy to open in any browser, is there anyway to export these animations I make as GIF's? Why would the HTML file not play on the Cloud server? Do I need to have the whole project saved to the drive anywhere I go for it to play in its .HTML format?

Please Help.

• 1. Re: Exporting in a different format other than HTML?
          Zero.Freeze Level 1

Actually I uploaded the entire animation folder with all images and assets, JS files, and the animation didn't play on Creative Cloud? Is this normal?

• 2. Re: Exporting in a different format other than HTML?
            vivekuma Adobe Employee

What do you mean by saying " I tried uploading just the .HTML file it wouldn't play"? You can't play from CC online storage directly, unless you download it first.

And html isn't the complete composition, you have to upload the whole bunch of files that gets created along with it.

So, while uploading the composition, you need to zip the files and then upload it for someone to download, unzip and play.

hth,

Vivekuma

• 3. Re: Exporting in a different format other than HTML?
              Zero.Freeze Level 1

Ok, is there anyway to export your file so that you don't have to have all of the other files with it? like export it as a gif? or video or something and just post it on your page the same as a image?

• 4. Re: Exporting in a different format other than HTML?
                vivekuma Adobe Employee

No, you can't export the whole of Edge composition in either of the formats you mentioned above.

You can publish it as an .oam file but its use is specific to other Adobe products, Dreamweaver, Adobe Muse etc.

Howerver if you just want to take a snapshot of the composition, which will be just a static image, Edge Animate provide the option.

Long story short, if you want to play the animation, you have to have all those files along with the .html page.

hth,

Vivekuma

• 6. Re: Exporting in a different format other than HTML?
                  Peter Villevoye Adobe Community Professional

If you really want others to check out your animation without having a true web-hosting facility (so not really published, but as a test or sneak-peak), try using this method:

set the Publishing settings to generate a Web instance, and let it publish the lot. Find the folder, rename the html file to something like "check_this_out.html" (so recipients know which file to open), and zip it. Send this zip file by email, or put this one any cloud to be downloaded. Hopefully the interested users know how to open a zip file...

Note: check the Publishing setting "Host runtime files on Adobe CDN" - it must be OFF to let users view your animation also off-line, otherwise the animation will start looking for some essential auxiliary files online.

Most cloud servers are not really "web" servers, so they don't store files in a way that physically reflects the proper hierarchy of files and folders as you upload them. The comprehension between i.e. the html files and images can't be retrieved and put to work on such servers. Just like Facebook, they store everything in huge databases, as a matter of fact.