Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Screen Video Problems - Mac

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently purchased a new 5k iMac, which has been amazing so far. The only issue I have ran into is with Flash Videos. I am able to view You Tube videos full screen, but any other Flash Video I try and view full screen results in a Black Screen while the audio plays on. I can close this with the escape key, and the video will resume playing like normal on the small view.

I've tried adjusting my buffering settings (Not quite sure why this would help, but it seemed to be a common theme on other full screen fixes I found.) and performing a clean install of Flash to no effect. I've tried this on both Safari and Chrome, with the same results. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to correct this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

System:

iMac 4 Ghz i7

AMD Radeon R9 M295X

Mac OS 10.10

Flash Version: 15.0.0.189

Safari Version: 8.0 (10600.1.25)

Chrome Version: 38.0.2125.111

TOPICS
OS , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue with mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do tech support and I have a client with the exact same Issue. They have the new iMac 5k running Yosemite and they can play the video in small screen, but when they expand it to full screen the screen goes black and it only plays sound.

We have tried reinstalling Adobe Flash player and restarting the computer.

We do not see this issue happening in Safari, it is only happening in Google Chrome. We have not tested this issue in any other browsers yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.  We'll take a look.

I've filed the following public bug on your behalf and escalated it to the engineering team:

Bug#3852184 - New iMac with 5k display and Yosemite shows black screen on Full-Screen Flash video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To increase urgency, I have had the same issue. Purchased this bad boy yesterday, all excited to watch videos only to see it do this!!

I have tried all the so called "fixes" like pinging servers, disabling hardware acceleration, etc. Nothing seems to be sticking. Like others, only in Chrome. Safari works, but I haven't tried Firefox or others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's anything that you'll be able to do to resolve this on your end.  It sounds like a bug specific to the new machines, and we'll probably need to do some work to fix it.

The only workaround that I can think of that might work is this:

Launch a Flash video

Right-Click on the video and choose Settings

Click the left-most tab

Uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration

Refresh the page and then try Full-Screen mode

Once a fix is available, it will be published to our beta program first, and then land in the subsequent monthly release.  If you want to try the fix as soon as it's available, sign up for notifications on that bug above.  We'll update it once a fix lands in the beta.

You can find beta builds here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeromie,

I'm sure you do not have much control over the speed of the developers, but any word that has reached your ears about the problem? Should we be expecting a new build off Adobe Labs here within the next week or so?

I cant speak for everybody, but my issues only lie within Chrome. That said, Chrome is my preferred browser, so flash player would definitely be a must here.

Thanks again!

-Riley S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We investigated the issue and concluded that the root-cause is not Flash Player.  We filed a corresponding bug with the Chrome team, who are now looking into the problem.  Based on what I know at the moment, the issue should be resolved in a future update from Chrome; however, as we're entering the US holiday season, things tend to slow down considerably around now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All: I found a fix that worked for me! While this fixed my problem with Chrome specifically, I cannot speak for the other browsers and whatnot. To quote:

You can "fix" this by disabling the build in chrome pepper flash and enabling the flash player plugin (download flash from adobe first)

Type chrome://plugins/ in your address bar.

KwM62.png

I had the same issue with my mbpr when it was just released with chrome. Have to wait for a pepperflash update. With the mbpr it took a while.

- via Vincent of the AskDifferent forums

I hope that you all and anybody searching for the fix finds this thread! It worked for CHROME ONLY, just again, FYI.

-Riley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines