8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2014 1:30 PM by wtrmrk00

skipping page numbers in page palette thumbnail

wtrmrk00

Does anyone know why my page numbering in my pages palette is not matching the actual page numbers? I have searched the forums and online and can't seem to find an answer.

At the beginning of my document, there is a little black arrow above the first page. The first page is numbered 1 but the palette shows it as page 11.

Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 5.26.49 PM.jpg

I double clicked on the black triangle, the Numbering & Section Options box pops up like this:

Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 5.27.43 PM.jpg

There does not seem any way to uncheck the "Start Section" checkbox at all.

Later in the document, the pages suddenly jump in the Pages palette:

Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 5.17.21 PM.jpg

Notice how the number jumps from 199 to 1100. In the actual document, what is page 199 in the thumbnail above is actually page 99. What says page 1100 above is actually page 100. Based on the numbers skipping around, I thought there might be a section there, but there is no little black arrow to show the start of a new section. When I click on page 1100 and select Numbering & Section Options, I see this:

Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 5.25.32 PM.jpg

When I try to uncheck the box and save, nothing happens. If I try to pull up this same dialog box again, the "Start Section" box is still checked.

I can't seem to figure out how to fix this page numbering problem. Can someone please help me???

Thank you!