• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player installation issue

Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

Cannot install flash.. have tried many times. Tried the offline version posted in other questions and still having issues.

These are what I get when I attempt to download. Once I click the download the text file below appears

Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 9.01.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 9.01.55 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running on Mac Yosemite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to rename the installer file; remove the Matlab file extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you direct me to a way to doing so?

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know anything about Mac OS.  But Google returns about 1.8 million hits, like this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3028634

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen a couple people running Matlab complaining about their downloads ending in .mdlp.  My assumption is that some third-party software causes this to happen, but I haven't figured out what it is or why it's happening.  It's definitely on the client end of the equation.

If you rename the file to just remove the .mdlp at the end of the name, it should work as intended.

If you have a theory as to why this might be happening on your computer, I'd love to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines