3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2014 2:37 PM by lwh123

LR 5.6 export function is not working

lwh123

I'm using Windows 7.  All of a sudden I am unable to export any images from LR, either from the Library or Develop module.  So far, I've tried the following: 1)went to an earlier backed up version of my LR catalog, 2) tried system restore to an earlier backed up version of Windows,and 3) replaced the Preferences folder.  None of these have worked.

Any thoughts?  Please advise, tnx.

Larry

• 1. Re: LR 5.6 export function is not working
          dj_paige Level 9

Any thoughts? Yes, we need more information, like what happens when you try? What is the error message?

• 2. Re: LR 5.6 export function is not working
            lwh123 Level 1

When I try to export, nothing happens … no error message or anything.  It just sits there.  Typically, I would see the number of photos stated in the upper left hand corner.

• 3. Re: LR 5.6 export function is not working
              lwh123 Level 1

Could this be related to the hidden user presets?   About the same time I started having trouble exporting, I noticed that I had "lost" all of my user presets in the Develop module, custom layouts in the Print module, and user presets in the Export dialogue box.  Through this forum, I discovered that the "store presets with this catalog" box was checked in Preferences.  I unchecked the box and my user presets in the Export dialogue box returned, and those seem to all be working correctly. 

BTW, the user presets in the Develop module also returned, but I haven't been able to recover my customer layouts in the Print module yet.