6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2014 6:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Photoshop premiere elements 13 no email option under share PC

valbom

I created a trade show ad using photoshop elements premiere 13.  I need to email this project, yet there is no email option to choose from the list under "share"  I specified outlook as my email client and I'm using a pc.  Any help would be great. Thanks

• 1. Re: Photoshop premiere elements 13 no email option under share PC
          A.T. Romano Level 7

valbom

What computer operating system is your Elements Organizer 13 running on. Background information at this point.

There is no Photo Email in Elements Organizer 13. You can send an email attachment (Elements Organizer 13/Share/Email), however the setup in preferences

allows for AOL, Gmail, Yahoo!Mail, Microsoft Account, and Other.

Other, with its server and port settings, is a nowhere situation so far for me.

The Gmail setting (no server or port information required) works fine. And, if I use my hotmail.com email address in "Microsoft Account", that works fine also.

I have not tried AOL, and Yahoo!Mail. If they do not require server and port settings from the user, they probably work fine also.

You do get a warning if the attachment is going to be larger than 10 MB.

Please let us know if any other above helped.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Why not go a non Elements Organizer 13 way to do your emailing in this instance if you are in a time crunch?

• 2. Re: Photoshop premiere elements 13 no email option under share PC
            valbom Level 1

Thanks for your reply.  I'm running on windows 8.  Organizer has an email option.  Premiere does not offer an email option under "share"  I created my ad in premiere.

Every video I watch, has the email option until the 13 version.  So I'm lost.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Photoshop premiere elements 13 no email option under share PC
              A.T. Romano Level 7

valbom

Premiere Elements comes with an Elements Organizer, and it is that Elements Organizer/Share that has had the Photo Mail and Email Attachments choices.

In Elements Organizer 13/Share that comes with Premiere Elements 13, Photo Mail and Email Attachments names are gone from the list under Share and only

"Email" is seen. Using this Email choice, you can email photos and videos as attachments. You will get a warning message if the file size exceeds 10 MB, but I have been able to send a 25 MB video, using Gmail in preferences and sending it to myself at my Gmail address. The size issue goes to the Internet provider limitations rather than the Share feature. Although the email was "successfully" sent at that size, I am still trying to verify that I will receive it.

What I found a challenge was setting up this "Email" in preferences. With Email Clients = AOL, Gmail, Yahoo!Mail, or Microsoft Account (HotMail), there should not be any problems since the user is not asked to specify a Server Name or Port. But, if you have to go to "Other" and give those details, problems. I am going to be writing this up in my blog within the next 24 hours. The blog will have more details....most important I will write how to clear the mess after you go to Other and have a list of non working Email Profiles that refuse to delete within the preference area.

What are the details of your situation? What Email client do you want to use? And, will an Email attachment serve your purposes.

To be continued....

ATR

• 4. Re: Photoshop premiere elements 13 no email option under share PC
                valbom Level 1

Hi A.T.

Yes. I also worked on this all day...ended up using an upload program through the net.

Anyways, did get the "warning" message over 10 MB(was send 20.1 MB) ignored and sent anyways though outlook/ hotmail.  Received a delivery failure notification. 

So tried to add a Gmail account (web based) but gmail would not let the 3rd party sign in (new stricter security measures, notified though email, as I thought I had wrong pass word, other devices I have. kept dinging new email, came out of my computer coma and checked email. LOL" NOTICE: account hack attempt notification", but was just me trying to sign in through photoshop!)  so change the settings according to Gmail (to lessen security) still not able to send.  Very frustrating how complicated things are getting.  Just give me a drop down menu and let the computer handle like the good old days

I'll be glad to see what you can do with this issue, as I think Adobe has dropped the ball on email ease.

Thank you again. happy digging.

• 5. Re: Photoshop premiere elements 13 no email option under share PC
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

valbom

Just a mini update.

Elements Organizer 13/Share/Email

Client Gmail - can send successfully a 25 MB video to my Gmail as well as my Verizon email addresses.

However

Neither Gmail nor Verizon are receiving/accepting the 25 MB video file from Gmail.

I suspect the cut off limit will be from 10 to 15 MB.

A beautiful copy of the Gmail email sent from the Elements Organizer 13/Share/Email/Gmail resides in my Gmail email SEND box.

And, eventually, the rejection messages on the recipient side of things pop up.

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: Photoshop premiere elements 13 no email option under share PC
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

valbom

Here is what I have been able to put together so far on the matter of Elements Organizer 13/Share/Email.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/11/pe-13-elements-organizer-13shareemail.html

ATR