3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2014 1:49 PM by A.T. Romano

project assets not working

DivineMalzar

I am editing a file in Expert mode, as I have been doing with projects for over a year. I added 2 more audio files to the project, and when I click Project Assets the menu doesn't drop down for me to access the media. I tried moving the files and telling the project to skip loading them, I cleaned the media cache, doubled its limit from 5gb-10gb and still not able to access the files. I have a back up save a few minutes of footage behind, and I also can still access the footage in this project and export it, but. It's just annoying, and I'm wondering if there is a way around this to access the assets if this ever happens again.

• 1. Re: project assets not working
          A.T. Romano Level 7

DivineMalzar

What version of Premiere Elements are you using - 11, 12, or 13? And, on what computer operating system is it running?

From what you wrote, I am understanding that Expert workspace Project Assets will not open to give you access to your imports to drag to your

Timeline? Is that correct?

So, what happens if you switch from Expert workspace to Quick workspace where there is no Project Assets intermediary and the imports go directly to a space in the Filmstrip? Do your imports go directly to the Filmstrip? And, if you immediately switch from Quick to Expert workspaces,

a. do you find your imports on the Expert workspace Timeline

b. do you find your imports in Project Assets which you can now open?

Also, if you have a video on the computer desktop and have the desktop and Premiere Elements Expert workspace cascaded, can you drag the video to

the Premiere Elements Timeline and trigger the Project Assets to open?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: project assets not working
            Joshua L

Try clearing the contents from the Layout Folder and check if things work fine for you.

Path <Documents\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0\Layouts>

Keep a backup of this incase if you need this for some reason again.

• 3. Re: project assets not working
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Joshua L

I have seen this Premiere Elements Project Assets problem and its solutions before but have need seen what you are suggesting as a probable possible fix for the issue.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running

where you found success with the "Project Assets will not open issue" using the fix that you describe?

Thanks.

ATR