8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 9:26 AM by NHPhoto4

ACR Nikon D3X profile not listed

NHPhoto4 Level 1

Hi I have Adobe Bridge CS6 v 5.0.2.4. I've been using this for a few years with my Nikon D2 series cameras. When I open up a RAW file from one of these cameras, I have a choice of camera profiles for Nikon D2 cameras in the camera profiles drop down menu. No problem. However, I've recently added a Nikon D3x to my kit. When I open up a RAW file from this camera there is no profile listed in the drop down menu in ACR. I've checked on the Adobe RAW compatible cameras list and the Nikon D3x is confirmed as compatible but says I need a minimum of version of 5.3 camera raw plug-in for the D3x. When I check for updates from Adobe Bridge I'm told that I'm already running the most up to date version. Can anyone please advise how to resolve this? Thanks

• 1. Re: ACR Nikon D3X profile not listed
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What version of Camera Raw are you running?

In Photoshop and do Help / About Plug-ins / Camera Raw.

CS6 would have ACR 7.0 or higher which is newer than 5.3 so the raw files should work.

I think you’re confusing the Bridge version and the Camera Raw version.

• 2. Re: ACR Nikon D3X profile not listed
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you saying that you have no profiles for the D3X? That would be unusual because the camera is definitely supported in Photoshop CS6 and accompanying Camera Raw plug-in. In Photoshop, if you go to Help->About Plug-Ins->Camera Raw, what version does it indicate that you have installed?

• 3. Re: ACR Nikon D3X profile not listed
              NHPhoto4 Level 1

Hi ssprengel and JimHess, ACR version 8.6.0.254. No when I open a RAW file from my D3x there is no profile for this in the drop down menu only Adobe Standard, a list of my D2 cameras and modes 1, 2 & 3 and portrait, landscape, vivid etc. No D3X. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something, should I be loading up the profile from somewhere? or should ACR recognise the camera automatically. What's puzzling me is that the Bridge/compatible cameras list says I need a newer version of Bridge than the one I'm currently running, but I don't know how to get it. The return on the 'check updates' tab says I'm running the most up to date version. Funny thing is I had one of the support people look at this via the chat service, eventually they asked me to send a RAW file from my camera so that hey could check it at their end. I got an email back later that day confirming that they couldn't see the D3X profile either, case closed..BTW, just to clarify, I have Bridge v 5.02.4 x64 . My version of ACR is 8.6. Thanks for your help, apologies if I'm missing something simple

• 4. Re: ACR Nikon D3X profile not listed

You are running the current version of ACR, so there should not be any updates.

If ACR wasn’t compatible with your camera then you wouldn’t be able to open the raw files at all.

If you don’t see any CAMERA profiles then either something uninstalled them and you should see Matrix as the profile, or you are viewing a non-raw file (jpg, tif, psd) in which case the profile should say Embedded.

If you see Matrix, then install the DNG Converter 8.6 which will also install all the camera profiles:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

If you don’t see either Matrix or Embedded in the profile area, please include a screenshot that shows what you do see.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: ACR Nikon D3X profile not listed
                  NHPhoto4 Level 1

screeenshot-1.jpg

Hi ssprengel, many thanks for your reply. Yeh, I had an older version of DNG Converter installed. So I've now installed 8.6 and rebooted. During the installation I saw it flashing through a load of camera models so I guess there are some new profiles somewhere, but this is the screenshot of what I'm seeing in the camera profile drop-down menu when I open up a RAW file from my D3x via Bridge. Cheers

• 6. Re: ACR Nikon D3X profile not listed

That screenshot shows things exactly like they are supposed to look.

The only profiles you’ll see in the dropdown are for your camera and it seems like you have the full set.

I think what’s confusing is the D2x profile.  Those aren’t for the D2x, those are for your camera, simulating a look that the D2x has, that’s all.

Everything is ok.

• 7. Re: ACR Nikon D3X profile not listed
                      Yammer Level 4

It's working as designed. If you didn't have a profile, you wouldn't be able to open the raw file. The list of profiles in Camera Profile will usually be Adobe Standard, followed by Camera Landscape/Standard/Vivid/Neutral/etc.  Each camera model has its own versions of these profiles with the same names. Some have additional profiles too, like the D2Xs, or ACR 4.3 etc.

• 8. Re: ACR Nikon D3X profile not listed
                        NHPhoto4 Level 1

Fabulous! Many thanks for your help gents. Yes, because I could see my D2x in there, I was fully expecting to see an option for the D3x too. Thanks again fellas