3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 4:13 PM by A.T. Romano

Place a video clip OVER another video clip

ramonraynj

I, I have two video clips in a window and want to know how to place video clip a, in a small window, over video clip b. I have the two video clips in one window but not sure how TO LAYER them as opposed ot having both show in small windows. Thanks

• 1. Re: Place a video clip OVER another video clip
          A.T. Romano Level 7

reamonraynj

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

So for now I will generalize.

If you have video on Video Track 2 and video on video on Video Track 1 directly below, it is only the video on Video Track 2 that you are going to see unless there is some transparency in the video on Video Track 2 file that will let the video on Video Track 1 show through.

So with regard to

I have two video clips in a window and want to know how to place video clip a, in a small window, over video clip

a. Select the video on Video Track 2 and scale it down and reposition it.

or

b. Use a PiP (Picture in Picture) effect which you drag into the video on Video Track 2.

(These PiP effects are typically found with the Effects under the Presets category.)

Please let me know if I have targeted your question. If not, please detail the information that I need to know in order to help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Place a video clip OVER another video clip
            ramonraynj Level 1

thanks so much - this is helpful

• 3. Re: Place a video clip OVER another video clip
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ramonraynj

Thanks for the reply. We are glad that the suggestions were helpful.

If you get involved with the Effects/Presets and PiP (Picture in Picture) Effects, there are lot of possibilities for creating effects.

I sort of got carried away once I started exploring the following effect.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: PiP Presets Animated Photos Effect

I thought that I had set the demos to music in that blog post, but I am not hearing music when I went to check out the blog today.

I need to figure out if I forgot to include the music or whether blogspot is having a problem

with the uploaded samples.

Please do not hesitate to ask if any questions.

Thank you.

ATR