6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2014 1:05 PM by A.T. Romano

i can not register premiere elements 12

jmccartykc

i have installed premiere elements 12 on my computer and it appears to have installed correctly. When I go to execute the file, it asks me to register the program and when I put in my adobe username and password, I get a continous hourglass circle and it is basically frozen. What can I do? I am running windows vista 64 and have been told this software is compatible with this operating system. Please help me!

• 1. Re: i can not register premiere elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jmccartykc

Please clarify - are you being asked to register or "Sign In". I suspect "Sign In" by supplying your Adobe ID and Password. With that comes an automatic registration.

You could check the Event Viewer to determine if there is an error or warning message registered related to the endless Sign In.

Also, please check out the following blog posts to determine if any of the 12 issues and remedies describe apply to you.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-sign-in-failure-connect-to.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

Please review and consider and let us know if you need clarification on any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: i can not register premiere elements 12
            jmccartykc Level 1

I have run both the fixes suggested in the blogs and to no avail. I have tried everything I can find in the forums. I am very frustrated. I purchased this yesterday and have the actual DVD's to install from. I am running windows vista 64. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, even tried installing the trial version from the dvd............to no avail. I see someone else here is having the same issue with Adobe Premiere elements 12. Please help. I do not know what else to try.

• 3. Re: i can not register premiere elements 12
              jmccartykc Level 1

Also, my issue is with the sign in but not with the registration. I can sign in as well on adobe.com but can not sign in through editor and have never been able to. Suggestions please!

• 4. Re: i can not register premiere elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jmccartykc

Thanks for the replies. Sorry that the news is not better.

Yes, in a current thread, a user is having Premiere Elements 12 Sign In problems.

Unable to sign in to Premier 12 with valid adobe ID

Interestingly, you and Unable/lowengr have the program on Vista, you 64 bit, Unable/lowengr 32 bit.

On might be quick to think Premiere Elements 12 - Vista problem.

However....

I have Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8.1 64 bit. And, I dread the thought of having to uninstall

it since every time I have had to do that it was a major hassle at Sign In time. Success was found each time, but not without

a lot of troubleshooting as reflected in the blog posts cited.

If it would not jeopardize the timing for a product refund, you might consider trying to download and install the free tryout

of Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe to see how it fares with your Windows Vista 64 bit computer environment.

You realize that you are not using either 12 or 13 to its full potential in the Windows Vista 64 bit computer. In that operating system

it is only a 32 bit application and running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the 64 bit system. Significant resource issues related to

getter a larger project done with resource demanding formats. Premiere Elements 12 and 13 Windows are 64 bit applications only when

on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: i can not register premiere elements 12
                  jmccartykc Level 1

How can i get a refund. I purchased at best buy. This is nuts.

• 6. Re: i can not register premiere elements 12
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jmccartykc

Thanks for the follow up.

Did you get a chance to try the download of 13 to challenge Windows Vista to get some insights into whether you are dealing with a Premiere Elements 12 issue or a Premiere Elements 12 on Vista Issue or just a Premiere Elements issue?

If you have not and have gotten to the point where "enough is enough", then as rapidly as possible you need to try for a refund from Best Buy, if that is the seller involved. You would be governed by its refund/return policy. It is my understanding that the refund for "within 30 days of purchase" from Adobe applies only to product purchased from Adobe direct.

We are not Adobe. Rather user to user. So, you could double check that with Adobe via its Chat Panel.

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

Please let us know if you decide to revisit Premiere Elements as your video editor.

Thanks.

ATR