1 2 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2014 10:25 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 12 Publishing questions

AlanKL

1. What's the best output selection to put a video on a DVD to playback on my HDTV through my DVD player? 

2. Do I select 1080i or 1080p?

3. What size should I make my still pictures that will be included?

4. I plan to purchase an UHDTV.  How does that work in with Premiere 12?  Should I pre-plan my editing to make my stills for UHD even though I'll be also using it on standard HDTV?

Thanks  Alan

• 1. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

You do not have much choice.

The regular DVD Player will playback DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on a DVD disc. Either way the resolution is

NTSC 720 x 480 and PAL 720 x 576. The difference between the standard and widescreen is that the widescreen has

a 16:9 flag that stretches the video for display after encoding (NTSC to 856 x 480; PAL 1056 x 576). Consequently, there is no choice for 1080i

or 1080p.

On the other hand, if you are thinking AVCHD format on DVD disc, then there are presets for higher resolution. But, the catch here is that

AVCHD format on DVD disc is not supported by the regular DVD Player.

What type of DVD Player is involved here and what are its specifications with regard to playback AVCHD format on DVD disc?

There is no 4K burn to disc in Premiere Elements.

Please clarify.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
            AlanKL Level 1

I believe both units play back dvd and blu-ray.  It's working on both.  I  set AVCHD and I believe 1080I.  The dvd also works on my Play Station 3.

• 3. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

If you have the player support then go with what give you the best quality...For AVCHD format on DVD disc, I would probably start at 1920 x 1080p23.976 and then look at 1920 x 1080i29.97. I would consider them as your only two choices. Do not bother with any preset which depends of 16:9 flag to get to 1920 x 1080.

Excerpt from my Premiere Elements 12 First Look

AVCHD

Burn to:

Disc

Folder (4.7 GB)

Folder (8.5 GB)

Presets

H.264 1440 x 1080i NTSC Dolby

H.264 1440 x 1080i PAL Dolby

H.264 1440 x 1080p NTSC Dolby NEW

H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby

H.264 1920 x 1080i PAL Dolby

H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby NEW

Except for the two new 1080p presets with frame rate of 23.976 frames per second, the other presets all have 29.97 interlaced frames per second NTSC and 25 interlaced frames per second PAL.

Blu-ray

Burn to:

Disc

Presets

H.264 1440 x 1080i NTSC Dolby

H.264 1440 x 1080i PAL Dolby

H.264 1920 x 1080i PAL Dolby

Frames rate is 29.97 interlaced frames per second NTSC and 25 interlaced frames per second PAL.

Please update us on your progress when you get the chance.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                AlanKL Level 1

My B-R/ DVD player  accepts the following:

MPEG-1 Video/PS

MPEG-2 Video/PS,

TS

in the following extebnsions “.mpg,” “.mpeg,”

“.m2ts,” “.mts”

MPEG-4 AVC

in the following extensions “.mkv,” “.mp4,”

“.m4v,” “.m2ts,”

“.mts”

WMV9 in the following extensions

“.wmv,” “.asf”

AVCHD

*2 (from video recorders)

Xvid

“.avi”

Would MPEg4 be better than AVCHD?

I tried both and cannot tell which is better.

H.264 1440 x 1080p NTSC Dolby NEW

1. Which of the two are better?  i or p?

2. Is it better to publish directly to the DVD or hard drive and then copy to DVD?  I had trouble in past with earlier additions when I burned directly to the DVD.

3.On still pictures, I'm creating files that are 2200 high so I can use later when 4k publishing becomes available for UHDTV's.  IS the larger size OK for publishing to the current 1080?  If not, what size is the best?

• 5. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

You want to keep away from 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 because it requires a 16:9 flag to stretch it to 1920 x 1080 for display after encoding.

When you use the 1920 x 1080 16:9, you avoid the dependency of the player to recognize a 16:9 flag. 1920 x 1080 is 16:9. You do not need a 16:9 flag.

So, please consider for comparison

H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby - that is going to be at 29.97 interlaced frames per second

H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby - that is going to be at 23.976 progressive frames per second (my first choice)

if there is no problem with the frame rates.

What kind of problems did you have with the direct burn to DVD within Premiere Elements - burner not recognized, media not recognized, or you felt that the quality was just not there?

I would keep the photos to 2200 x 1238 16:9 in accord with what you have already for the here and now. One 4K size is 3840 x 2160. You are going to have to let your computer resources limit what you can and cannot do. What computer operating system do you have? I have been assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. If that is correct, then you have in 12 a 64 bit application running in a 64 bit system with all the extra computer resources that go along with that.

In reviewing your thread, I think I somehow skipped my favorite questions

a. What are the properties of your source media - 1080p30? What is your project preset?

b. What computer operating system?

c. How much free hard drive space?

And, now...besides the burn to disc considerations, are you thinking about exporting your Timeline content to a file that you can put on a memory card or USB flash drive for play back with your player(s)?

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                    AlanKL Level 1

3.4GHz Intel i7 processor, Windows 8 111gb free on C and 1.81TB of 1.81 TB free on data drive D .  I also have 24gb memory and 256 SSD.  Should I be saving my files to a particular drive?  Right now everything is saved in Pictures folder including the video so the PREL is in the same folder as the images and video for when I archive. (Can the images be in a separate folder than PREL but all are in the same folder in Pictures.

I just tried a test.  It played using:

Preset at NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080 30

1. Is this Preset the best to use?

2. The output to the DVD I tried was 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby and it looked OK.

Is this Output selection the best to use?

3.(I'm using the same camera for still and videos.   The video is mostly a slide show of the photo stills. The videos are in 720 (AVI). Only short clips. The stills are 2933 x 2200 (I reduced them from a larger size).  4:3.  I'm using these so later if I want to create for UHDTV, I'll be ready. 

3. Is 2933 x 2200 OK to use for the current 1080?

• 7. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                      AlanKL Level 1

And the problem I had with direct burn a few years ago with version 8, is that it would fail for some reason.  That could have been because I was working then with a much slower processor with a lot less memory.  The creation process would take half the night.  Since I do many burns until I get all the changes done, I burn on an DVD-RW and then copy the final to a DVD-R at the end.  SO what do you think?  Would I be better off burning first to C drive (or D drive) and then burning the DVD from there?

• 8. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                        Joshua L

In PRE 13, they have introduced Burn to ISO image. And I assume that there are free players that could play these ISO images. This would save you some disks.

• 9. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Joshua L

With reference to your post number 8....

Yes, there are "free" ISO players out there, but read carefully. Many of the free ISO players are free for all except Blu-ray ISO Image. In that case, I guess you live with the watermark on the Blu-ray ISO Image playback using the free software or buy the licensed version of the computer program to get it all. In the quick Google search I did find one that claimed to be completely free.

Just be careful of your choices when downloading these free software for the computer. In recent times, the free software more and more has been accompanied by unwanted and nuisance software that messes up the computer, especially the browsers.

Please remind me, do your players attached to your TV support playback of DVD ISO Image, AVCHD DVD ISO Image, and Blu-ray ISO Image?

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

AlanKL

With regard to your post number 7....

For now I would go with burn to disc unless there was some compelling reason not to do that. If you have the computer resources and you are not

pushing the limits on the disc capacity so that the program is lowering the bitrate rate to make the fit, you should do fine. Then make copies of the disc if needed. You could always rip/copy the VIDEO_TS or BDMV from the disc afterward if necessary.

If you are thinking in terms of bonus backup products, then you need to decide if the Premiere Elements products, such as BDMV or VIDEO_TS,

or ISO Image, would be best served with a 3rd party software to take them to a format on disc in the disc file system.

Go with what works for you.

ATR

• 11. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

With regard to posts 8 and 9....I thought that I replying to post 8 thinking that was you and did not realize until later that it was a user named

Joshua L.

Although it would be convenient to have ISO players on the computer, my question at this time to you would be

Please remind me, do your players attached to your TV support playback of DVD ISO Image, AVCHD DVD ISO Image, and Blu-ray ISO Image?

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

With regard to your post 6

I just tried a test.  It played using:

Preset at NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080 30

1. Is this Preset the best to use?

2. The output to the DVD I tried was 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby and it looked OK.

Is this Output selection the best to use?

3.(I'm using the same camera for still and videos.   The video is mostly a slide show of the photo stills. The videos are in 720 (AVI). Only short clips. The stills are 2933 x 2200 (I reduced them from a larger size).  4:3.  I'm using these so later if I want to create for UHDTV, I'll be ready. 

3. Is 2933 x 2200 OK to use for the current 1080?

1. You set the project preset to match the properties of your source media. If you have 1080p source, then you do not use a 1080i project preset

(NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080i30). You use NTSC DSLR 1080p DSLR 1080p30.

In "3", you say the video is mostly a slideshow of photo stills. The videos are 720 (AVI). The stills are 2933 x 2200 4:3.

This sends up flares.

a. What is this 720 (AVI)? Is this video SD 720 x 480 4:3 or 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second or 1280 x 720 16:9 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second?

b. Are the stills (2933 x 2200) already in the video (slideshow) or are you preparing to incorporate them in the Premiere Elements project along with this 720 (AVI) video?

This needs to be answered before all else. So, please do not get distracted by anything in posts 7 - 11. ISO Images and choices of AVCHD presets are secondary to this basic issue of setting up the project from start to finish.

You can get into serious problems with mismatches between aspect ratio of project preset and export presets.

2. and 3  comments to follow once we are in sync with 1.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                  AlanKL Level 1

In answer to your questions, I'm preparing to start a new project.  I am mainly producing a slide show for my HDTV which will incorporate some movies.  I'll be including menus at the beginning of the show. 

The original pictures are jpegs 4032 x 3024 4:3.  The few video clips I will include are AVI 1280 x 720 30 fps HD 16:9.    Of course, I want to use the full 1080 height for my HDTV for the still pictures even though the width will have black bars on each side since the stills are 4:3.  The AVI's will fit the full HDTV screen because they're 16:9.

So what settings should I use?

• 14. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Thanks for the additional information....

Project Preset

Set manually by you - the how to for manually setting the project preset before you import the source media is found at the bottom of the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting 

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30@29.97

Import your 1280 x 720p30 (16:9), import your 2933 x 2200 4:3 if you do not mind the black borders. If you do not want stills with black borders, then crop and resize the stills (to 1920 x 1080) before import.

Burn to AVCHD DVD using

Publish + Share

Disc

AVCHD disc

with preset = H.264 1920 x 1080pNTSC Dolby ( which will be 1920 x 1080 @ 23.976 progressive frames per second)

Does your player support that 1080p. If not, then use your only alternative

H.264 1920 x 1080iNTSC Dolby ( which will be 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second)

The setup described above is done to favor the photos and to get them as sharp as possible in the end product. Because you

will be using Edit Menu/Preferences/General with Default Scale to Frame Size selected, both video and stills will preset in a 1920 x 1080

frame. The stills will have black borders if they are left at 4:3 in this 16:9 project. Since the video is 16:9, it should fill this 1920 x 1080 frame with the Default Scale to Frame Size in effect. I am not projecting any pixelation going from 1280 x 720 to 1920 x 1080 under the conditions described.

Please let me know if you are OK with this.

Thank you.

ATR

• 15. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                      AlanKL Level 1

That worked great!  Thanks so much.  Two side questions. 

1.  Do you get better rendition if you reduce 16:9 to 1920 x 1080 for stills or can I load in the full resolution captured by the camera?

2. There's a Render button.  I tried it and didn't use it and I couldn't see the difference.  What should I do?

Thanks again.  You've been very helpful.  Alan

• 16. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Thanks for the follow up with the good news that all is working well.

No matter how high the resolution of the photos that you import into the project, the size with be forced to the standard of the export, in this case, 1920 x 1080.

Importing the high resolution photos direct from the camera is not really going to get you a better end product and you run the risk of stressing out/slowing down/crashing the project somewhere along the line, during editing and/or exporting. How many photos, how high their resolution, and computer resources are going to define just how much you can get away with without issues.

The pixel dimensions themselves were suggested for that reason. The 16:9 rather than 4:3 aspect ratio was suggested so that you would not have black borders for your photos.

The Render button (or pressing the Enter key of the computer main keyboard) will do nothing for you if you do not have an orange line over the Timeline content. That orange line is the program telling you that you are not getting the best possible preview viewing your video in the Edit area monitor. That is a window of

opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. If you see no colored line or a green line, that is indication that you are seeing the best possible preview in that edit area. You do not have to render the Timeline content in order to move forward in the project. Render is just a preview matter.

Should you do it? Yes and No...you do not have to...but...it is your opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later, and it is particularly useful in evaluating titles, effects, transitions, and non native formats. If you do not render there (and orange line present) and everything looks good in Edit, that does guarantee a trouble free end product. The preview would have probably given you more confidence. But as I said Yes and No.

Best wishes. All sounding very good. Great job.

ATR

• 17. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                          AlanKL Level 1

I'm getting errors on burning to disk.  It worked when I had maybe 8 images with Disk Menus.  But when I loaded up about 250 still pictures 1920x1080 (no video yet), it failed when it got to the burn.  It would sit on 1% and then after a long while would jump to 98% and indicate fail.  Reasons?

So I burned it to the hard drive and that appeared to work.  How to I copy that to a DVD-RW so it will work?  Do O just burn the BDMV folder right to the DVD? 

• 18. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

When you are in the burn dialog and the DVD disc is in the burner tray, what does the burn dialog show for in its Quality Area for Space Required and Bitrate

(check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space") for your

Publish+Share

Disc

AVCHD

with Presets =

H.264 1920 x 1080pNTSC Dolby ( which will be 1920 x 1080 @ 23.976 progressive frames per second)

With the computer resources that you described earlier in this thread, your computer resources should not be an issue here. Disc capacity may be. What is the capacity of the DVD that you are using - 4.7 GB/120 minutes or 8.5 GB/240 minutes?

If you are able to do an AVCHD DVD burn to folder....then you take the BDMV from the saved folder into the free ImgBurn to

have it placed on the DVD disc in the correct disc file system (UDF 2.05).

http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu-ray-copy/260-burn-blu-ray-avchd-using-imgburn

If you need any help on the latter, please let me know.

Thanks.

ATR

• 19. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                              AlanKL Level 1

Resources OK.  It Publishes to DVD (8x) but won't burn to DVD-RW. 

I burned to hard disk.  That worked.  (That's fast!)   I then copied the BDMV folder to the DVD but that woudn't play on the HDTV.

1. Do I need to open the BDMV folder and select all the files and burn all the individual files?

2. I also tried Publishing to Wed TV on my computer including Menus.  Web TV worked with both IE and Firefox.   However, the file is in 1280 x 720.  Is there any way to create  a higher resolution including menus on my computer using one of the other output formats?

• 20. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Publish+Share

Disc

AVCHD (burn to folder)

You need to take that BDMV Folder from the saved folder and take it to your DVD disc using for example ImgBurn. The BDMV needs to be placed on a disc with the correct disc file system (in this case UDF 2.05). The resulting AVCHD DVD will not play back on a regular DVD player. You need a Blu-ray player or special multi media player whose specifications included AVCHD DVD playback. Not all support that playback.

In some instance, it is easier to produce these formats than it is to find a player for them. The above will allow you a product with menus included.

If you want to rip/copy the video file from the BDMV Folder, open the BDMV Folder, go to the STREAM Folder, and copy the video file 00000.m2ts.

You do not want 00001.m2ts and 00002.m2ts. They will be files for the menus (if you used a menu) which you cannot use. I am not sure if you can put

that 00000.m2ts on a USB Flash Drive or memory card and play it back using PS3 or a standalone Blu-ray player or one of the special multi media players.

The BDMV is going to give you a 1920 x 1080 display product.

If you do not care about menus, then you can export your Timeline to a file format compatible with your players. Transfer the export to a USB Flash Drive or memory card. But, it all goes back to the specifications of the player.

I do not understand - how did you get a 1280 x 720 file with menus from Premiere Elements? What is WED TV?

ATR

• 21. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                  AlanKL Level 1

I meant Web TV.  I went to Publishing, selected Web TV, then HD NTSC.  I got a file created on my computer's hard drive. It included the menus.  The images were 1280 x 720.  I could run it using Internet Explorer and Firefox.  Are there any other ways to run menus on a computer but with larger file sizes?

• 22. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                    AlanKL Level 1

To Run Web TV, open the folder that is created when you Publish.  Right click on Play_webDVD file  and Open with IE or Firefox.

• 23. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

I think that I am finally in sync with you when you refer to Web TV. From your latest details, I think that you are referring to webDVD choice under Publish+Share.

That is not really DVD-VIDEO format with menus. Rather it is a flash file with menus. The user cannot customize the preset. It is 1280 x 720.

In Premiere Elements 13 (latest version), the webDVD choice has been removed.

ATR

• 24. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                        AlanKL Level 1

I used webDVD as a shortcut to test the project as I work on it.  So it's handy rather than burning a DVD.

1. Do you see a problem with my method?

As an aside, since I'm using version 12, at the end I should be able to make a final webDVD for my computer.

2. Could I share it with other so they could play it on their computers?  Or is there another method that would work?

• 25. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

If you can get your webDVD to open, navigate with menus, and play with Firefox and Internet Explorer that is fine.

But, I am not sure how universally possible that really is.

I have the latest version of the Adobe Shock Flash Player installed and enabled and cannot open the webDVD in Firefox 33.1.1 or Internet Explorer 11 (latest versions). What version of Firefox and Internet Explorer are you using? I can open it in VLC player, but the menus are not interactive.

I need to work out my problems with Premiere Elements webDVD before commenting further on it.

ATR

• 26. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                            AlanKL Level 1

I'm using Firefox 33.1 and IE 11.0.09600.17416.

But I've developed a problem publishing regardless of the output.  Although it was working before, I added a lot of stills and movie clips so that I have around 3.7gb to publish.  When I try with WEB TV, I get a transcode error during assembly.  When I try to write to a DVD disk, the program assembles,  but I get a fatal error when it tries to burn.  I also got an error when I tried to burn to 4.7 hard drive file.  Any suggestions?

• 27. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                              AlanKL Level 1

Note that I'm using manual Preset NTSC DSLR 1080p DSLR 1080p30@29.97 and outputting to AVCHD H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby

• 28. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Do these latest developments involve one project or a series of projects?

If one project, then explore the expanded Timeline content for flaws - leftovers or frame debris, often presenting as thin vertical black lines

scattered among the track contents, etc.

On the burn to, what are you seeing in the Quality area for Space Required and Bitrate, assumed when you are doing AVCHD on DVD disc?

What are the pixel dimensions of these photo additions and how many photos?

ATR

• 29. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

With regard to my post numbered 25, earlier today I could get not Firefox and Internet Explorer to open my Premiere Elements 12 Windows web DVD with menus. Undated the Shock Flash Player et al. This evening, did the same with no problems. It is very disturbing when the whys are not evident.

The sending of the webDVD Folder to another would depend on the size of the folder and the sending details and including the viewer using Firefox or Internet Explorer with the enabled latest version of the Shock Flash Player.

ATR

• 30. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                    AlanKL Level 1

When I burn AVCHD 1080p to folder, I got transcode error at 6% during Burn to folder. Thee Burn works OK when I use 1080i. 

Another question?  Can I use DVD-R or DVD-RW?  Do I have to close the DVD when I copy the BDVM folder?

• 31. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Thanks for the update.

I have not run into any problems using the Premiere Elements 12 Windows  64 bit AVCHD burn to folder with its burn to presets for 1080i or 1080p. So, we could explore more details of your specific issue.

a. Were you in the same project with the same Timeline where you first did the burn to folder with the 1080p (transcoding error) and then after that did the burn to folder with the 1080p preset?

b. How repeatable was the transcoding error resulting from the 1080p preset choice?

For the ImgBurn taking the BDMV Folder to DVD disc, the DVD-R or the DVD-RW should be supported. Been there and done that.

Not sure what you are asking when you wrote

Do I have to close the DVD when I copy the BDMV folder?

You would open ImgBurn, and from there navigate and open the BDMV in the saved folder from the Premiere Elements burn to folder. Once

the BDMV has been imported into ImgBurn, you should be free of the original file saved to the hard drive.

ATR

• 32. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                        AlanKL Level 1

My Preset was set up manually per your instructions: NTSC DSLR 1080p DSLR 1080p30@29.97

I've been using this on all my Publish's.  This last Transcode on the 1080p happened once.  I haven't tried it agaim.  The same Timeline Publishes to 1080i Ok to the Folder but not to the DVD-R.  But I haven;t been able to play the same DVD on my PS3 player although the earlier smaller files did including bioth 1080i and 1080p. I can't seem to Publish 1080i directly  to the DVD-R.  Only when I copy the BDVM 1080i from the file folder.  That works on the regular B-R  player but not on my PS3 B-R player.  1. What's happening?  I'm wondering if PS3 needs to see the file as burned directly from Premiere due to some publishing requirements of PS3.  Any thoughts?

2.  How do you clear a DVD+RW so I can try Publishing to it again? They currently have data on them.

3.  Just to clear up a point.  Does it matter when you burn from the folder whether you only burn the sub folders or do you burn the higher BDVM folder as well as the sub folders?

4.  Closing a disk does not allow any further data to be copied to it.  I've noticed that 1080i works both ways on the regular B-R player.

• 33. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

If you are using a DVD-RW or a BD-RE disc and it has content burned to it already, you should be able to use those discs again, but the new content will overwrite the old. It will not add to it. Typically the routine is (a) insert the disc (b) get the message that the disc is not empty, and program asks permission to erase (c) you indicate yes (d) disc is erased (e) new burn to proceeds.

For burn to folder DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc - you use only the whole VIDEO_TS Folder.

For burn to folder for AVCHD on DVD disc - you use only the whole BDMV Folder.

A pre-written to DVD-R and BD-R cannot be written to again in Premiere Elements. And, the program does not offer to erase and reuse.

However, the following may make for some interesting reading on Disc Finalization in Premiere Elements.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Disc Finalization

ATR

• 34. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                            AlanKL Level 1

I'll try the RW disk again but I only have DVD+RW.  Is the + OK?

• 35. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Please give it a try. I typically use the DVD-RW. So, I do not have much first hand history on that DVD+RW.

We will be watching fo your results.

ATR

• 36. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                                AlanKL Level 1

My end results were that I could get the full show on 1080i with menus but for some reason I couldn't create 1080p.  I also had to burn to folder first than copy to DVD to play on my BluRay player.  I also created just the MT2s stream to play on my Playstation 3 and computer.  So all is well.  Thanks again for all your help.   Alan.

• 37. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Great news "So all is well."

If you ever want to revisit the 1080p creation of the AVCHD format on DVD disc, please let me know and we will give that a deeper look.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 38. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                                    AlanKL Level 1

OK let's re-visit.  I tried burning to a folder 1080P AVCHD H264 NTSC Dolby.   I get a Fatal Error at 3%.  I wasn't watching, but I think that occurred after the processing and during the actual writing to the folder.  If you recall, everything works fine when I burn 1080i AVCHD H264 NTSC Dolby to a folder although I couldn't get even 1080i to burn directly to a DVD disk.

• 39. Re: Premiere 12 Publishing questions
                                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Premiere Elements 12 Windows 8 64 bit

Publish+Share

Disc

AVCHD

with Presets = H.264 1920 x 1080p NTSC Dolby

Set Burn To: to Folder (4.7 GB) and do 2 Burn To: Folder (4.7 GB)....one with and one without a check mark next to

"Fit Content to Available Space". In each case, write down the burn dialog's readings for Space Required and Bitrate.

What are you results? If you need to use Burn To: Folder (8.5 GB), then do the same thing.

Please be present for these Burn To: tests, and let us know where the error hits as per the reading on the Burn To:'s

progress bar. Also, let us know the exact wording on any and all error messages associated with these test.

We will go step by step through this until we determine what causative factor.

Thank you.

ATR

1 2 Previous Next