• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Build Tag for Partially words on Topic Title

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have some of question, i know that Robohelp can hide some of contents on HTML using conditional build tag (CBT), can i use this tool to hide some of word on the topic's title?

Ex: topic title is : Introduce Overview ; I wanna hide "Introduce" when i generate to CHM file for X version, so the title will be only  "Overview" on TOC. Else I wanna hide Overview and show "Introduce" when i generate to CHM file for Y version. Is it possible to apply CBT on partially words topic's title like that? because whenever i use right click for partial words then there are not CBT function available on Robohelp? Help Me...

Thanks

-icha-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can apply a CBT to part of a topic title provided the topic title is not being automatically generated (e.g. through a Master Page). The problem here is that the TOC and topic title are two different things. When you add a topic to a TOC, it automatically adds a TOC entry using the topic title as it currently exists. If you need to change this, you have to do this manually. It can not update to Overview or Introduction according to how you use CBTs.

You maybe able to handle this with a TOC variable though depending on the version of RoboHelp you are using. You still need to apply the CBT to the topic title, but also create a variable set (over and above the default one) with one variable. For each of the two variable sets, set the variable value to "Overview" and "Introduction". Then in the CHM single source layout specify the appropriate variable set. If you wanted to be very clever you could have two CHM single source layouts each with the different variable sets and use the Batch Generate facility to generate both outputs.

Let us know which version of RH you are using if you need further help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps an even simpler idea is to duplicate the existing TOC and change it as required. You'd still need to use a CBT in the topic title though and specify the correct TOC in each SSL's properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Column: How do you apply a CBT to a topic title? I know variables are available, but I have never seen CBT in a topic title. (You can add CBT's in variables and then add that in the topic title, but why not use variable sets?)

Another option is to create variable sets. You can select a set of definitions for every SSL you generate. For more info on variable sets, see: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2013/10/19/adobe-robohelp-variable-sets

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was assuming that -icha- was referring to the topic title that appears inside the topic, not the field in the Topic Properties. Maybe I am wrong. Over the -icha- to let us know which it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@column

Hi, i used Robohelp V.11, Yeah, your assume is right. I loved the simpler idea to duplicate the existing TOC and change it as required manually. And then i can generate and get CHM for each of my conditional. Because My main problem is only how to refer the topic title that appears inside the topic and on the TOC. On inside topic, there are not any problem, because i can put the CBT to hide it. But for the TOC, i cannot just put CBT. Thank you for your solutions. That was great help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp