1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2007 12:31 PM by kglad

Submit Button and New Pages

lmonique
      Hello all~

The questions i have may be too complicated for this forum, but as I'm struggling desperately, I thought I'd give it a try.

I bought a premade site almost a year ago, and I managed to update it myself, but I've never been able to get the submit button on the contact form to work. The reset button works - without any help from me, but nothing happens when the submit button is clicked. I'm trying to rekindle my business and so am in need to update the site, but I can't seem to figure these things out.

Second problem, I need to rearrange some of the pages and also add new ones, but I tried adding a new page, and can't figure out how to find the number of the pages that I add. The actionscript looks like this:

on (rollOver) {
      if (_root.link != 7)
      gotoAndPlay(2);
      }

on (releaseOutside, rollOut) {
      if (_root.link != 7)
      gotoAndPlay(11);
      }

on (release) {
      if (_root.link<>7) {
      _root.robot.play();
      _parent["b"+_root.link].play();
      _root.link = 7;
      _root.play();
      }
      }

How do I know what the root.link is for any given movie clip?

If any of that makes sense to anyone, please email me or reply. I am frustrated beyond belief!!

L. Monique
        • 1. Re: Submit Button and New Pages
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          the movieclips are name b1, b2,... etc and, if your buttons are movieclips, they are on the timeline that contains your movieclip buttons and, if your buttons are true buttons, they are on the parent timeline of the timeline that contains your buttons.