3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2014 9:54 AM by A.T. Romano

App Crash Run Time Error upon opening Elements 10

SheriPhillips

In Elements 10.000 I'm getting an error that says there is a runtime error This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information; another note says sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Elements to shut down.  We will attempt to save your current project.  These messages come up when I launch the program and try to open the file.

roblem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Application Version: 10.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4e5ffe8b

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229

Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb1677

Exception Code: e06d7363

Exception Offset: 000000000000940d

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: d42c

Additional Information 2: d42cb10ec4c866259377df5f6d9a2c05

Additional Information 3: 69fe

Additional Information 4: 69fe4e571c56c97888e57c80c0ae76d1

The software is installed on two different computers - I thought it was related to the primary so I moved the files to the new computer and I get the same issue.

Please advise.  I'm 99% done with a video that I've been working on for over a month.  I need for it to work please.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: App Crash Run Time Error upon opening Elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

SheriPhillips

Focusing on the original computer and Premiere Elements 10, what computer operating system are we dealing with?

What video card/graphics card does this computer use?

What are you doing when this particular error message presents - hitting burn in the burn dialog, editing in the edit area,

rendering the Timeline content to get the best possible preview, etc?

What is your project preset and what are the properties of what you have on the Timeline?

With regard to your attempt to move the project from one computer to another, how did you do that - program 1 Project

Archiver/Copy Project Option - Copied Folder or something else? What is the video card/graphics card that the second

computer uses? I am assuming that the 2nd computer also had Premiere Elements 10 installed.

I have a plan in mind, but I need the above details to decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: App Crash Run Time Error upon opening Elements 10
            SheriPhillips Level 1

Focusing on the original computer and Premiere Elements 10, what computer operating system are we dealing with?

What video card/graphics card does this computer use?  I'm on Window's 7 on an HP Elite Book

operating system.png

What are you doing when this particular error message presents - hitting burn in the burn dialog, editing in the edit area,

rendering the Timeline content to get the best possible preview, etc?

I was resizing the window when it crashed - meaning I was trying to enlarge the view so I could edit a green screen.  The error occurs when I open any file.

here are the errors in order:

errors in order.png

What is your project preset and what are the properties of what you have on the Timeline?

not sure about the project preset but I need the output to be in MOV format.  The video rendered but it has issues so I was working to fix them when it crashed. The video was shot with an iphone and then I used snagit to screen record new software which was an avi output format.  Video is just under 5 minutes in length and I think the 720 format with maximum depth.

With regard to your attempt to move the project from one computer to another, how did you do that - program 1 Project

Archiver/Copy Project Option - Copied Folder or something else? What is the video card/graphics card that the second

computer uses? I am assuming that the 2nd computer also had Premiere Elements 10 installed.

I used a hard drive to move the entire folder over to the 2nd computer.  Adobe installed on both machines.  Both machines use the same set -up - they are work computers. One is an HP and the other is a Lenove both running Windows 7.

I have a plan in mind, but I need the above details to decide what next.

I hope that helps.  Thank you for responding!!!!!!

Sheri

• 3. Re: App Crash Run Time Error upon opening Elements 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ShariPhillips

You wrote

The video was shot with an iphone and then I used snagit to screen record new software which was an avi output format.  Video is just under 5 minutes in length and I think the 720 format with maximum depth.

This is what I need to zero in on.

What iPhone? What was recorded by the iPhone - 1080p30 or something else.

Besides the iPhone video is sounds like you added Snagit screen captures to the Timeline as .avi files. What kind of .avi? Avi is just a file extension which can be wrapping a variety of different video and audio compressions. Possibilities - MotionJEG.avi and worse cases AVCHD or H.264.avi, Xvid.avi.

In view of your error profile, I was going to suggest the possibility of exporting the Timeline content from the problem project to a file with a format consistent with it being imported into a new project where the editing can be resumed. The details referred to above would have helped me define and fine tune what needs to be done in this regard.

Lots to be sorted out since the export will be a composite of the problematic project content which might have to be split in the new project to make additional significant edits there.

There are lots of ways to go on this. Let us see if any of the above works for us to resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR