1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2014 3:49 PM by A.T. Romano

problem burning DVD

DebraKmetz1

In Elements 9 I'm getting an error that says there is a runtime error This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information; another note says sorry, a seriou

After uninstalling and reinstalling Elements 9 I am getting error when I try to burn to DVD that says a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  CPU is using 100% at times.  Can you please help?

• 1. Re: problem burning DVD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

DebraKmetz1

On what computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 9? Do you have the 9.0.1 Update installed?

What is your situation with regard to computer installed and available RAM and free hard drive space?

Is the Run Time Error occurring only in the Share/Disc/DVD disc?

When does the error pop up...when you hit "Burn" or before? Please specify at what point the error pops up.

In the burn dialog, what does the Quality area should for Space Required and Bitrate when you have a check mark next

to "Fit Content to Available Space"?

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" issue?

Also, the usual drill...

a. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

b. Latest version of QuickTime installed?

c. Does problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR