25 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2016 8:23 AM by quinnm46867151

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer

lindsey1223

I have posted 2 videos to YouTube both by exporting them into an MP4 file and then manually uploading it to YouTube. For some reason after editing my 3rd video, it all the sudden seems to not be working. I've tried exporting and uploading to YouTube through APE 13. This is very frustrating and I need this problem fixed ASAP. This is definitely disrupting my flow on my YouTube channel. I have tried uploading/exporting more than once along with restarting the program and my computer. I do not know what else to do. I appreciate any help I can get.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This thread was initially posted in the Adobe Captivate forums. It has since been moved to the Premiere Elements forum.

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
            A.T. Romano Level 7

lindsey1223

What computer operating system is involved?

After you export your Premiere Elements 13 .mp4 file and save it to the computer hard drive, can you play that video in a computer player before you attempt to upload it to YouTube at the YouTube web site? If so, what player?

What is the file size and duration of the Premiere Elements .mp4 file involved? Over, 2 GB/15 minutes?

If so, do you have an extended time account at YouTube from which you are working? YouTube extended time accounts

work at YouTube but not within the Premiere Elements YouTube feature. The Premiere Elements feature limitation is 2 GB/15 minutes.

If you can playback your .mp4 on your computer before upload to YouTube, then yours is not a Premiere Elements issue, rather a YouTube web site one.

You say "not working". Please define. Any error messages associated with not working? Where does the YouTube upload process at the YouTube web site stop?

When you try to use Premiere Elements 13 Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube where does the process fail and with what message(s)?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
              NicoleYM Level 1

I'm having this same problem. My video is just barely under 15 minutes, since I understood that to be the limit for YouTube. When I click on Publish+Share and select Social Websites --> YouTube, it spends time "rendering media" but then fails immediately after that with an error message: "Online Services encountered an error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible." When I click OK (the only option), I get a second error message that says: "An error has occurred transferring files. Would you like to try again, stop the workflow and try again later, or terminate this service completely." If I "Try again," I instantly get the same two error messages.

The first time I tried the export, I used the setting "High Definition Video for Youtube - 1440x1080" - which is what I want. The export dialog says the file size will be 665mb. In case the error was caused by too large a file size, I tried the export again using the setting "Flash Video for Youtube (Widescreen)" which is 640x480 with a file size of 336mb. Unfortunately this didn't work either. I got the exact same errors.

I then tried exporting the file in .mov format to my computer. That worked, but I still can't upload it to YouTube. Could Premiere Elements be adding something into the video that YouTube is detecting as spam?

I'd really like to try to get this workflow to work!

I'm on a Mac running Yosemite (Mac OS 10.10.1) with a Verizon FiOS network connection. My Mac has a wired connection to the modem, so I don't think it's a network issue.

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                A.T. Romano Level 7

NicoleYM

YouTube readily picks up on any copyright issue that presents in an upload (even to the extent of background music as part of an event in the video) . But, if that were the case in your case, I suspect that you would get a specific message to the effect. Have you checked for any copyright in any aspect of your content?

But, if I am understanding you correctly, if you export your Premiere Elements  Timeline to file saved to the computer hard drive and then try to upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site, the upload fails there also. Is that correct? That implies that the issue is with YouTube and your account and not with Premiere Elements.

YouTube as does Premiere Elements that you have has a 2 GB/15 min limit. But, for longer uploads, YouTube can offer an account for extended time. That account cannot be used for the Premiere Elements Social Websites feature.

1. In Premiere Elements set up a 10 minute Timeline of 1920 x 1080 pixels photos. Try to upload them to YouTube using Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube using High Definition for YouTube 1920 x 1080. Does that succeed?

2. Export your 10 minutes Timeline of 1920 x 1080 pixels photos to file AVCHD.mp4

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30

Upload that exported file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Does that succeed?

ATR

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                  NicoleYM Level 1

Thanks so much for your detailed response! My video was under 15 minutes and also under 2GB. There is some background music playing in some of the clips, so perhaps that triggered the issue. I don't have time right now to try out all your suggestions, but I did eventually get the video to upload to YouTube from the video file I exported to my desktop. In the YouTube troubleshooting guide, one suggestion was to try using a Google Chrome "incognito" window to do the upload. Why that worked, I have no idea. If the issue was background music, then I wouldn't have thought the incognito window trick would work, but I wanted to mention it in case it helps anyone else.

Thanks!

Nicole.

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

NicoleYM

Thanks for the good news that you were able to get that video as a file uploaded to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

I will have to do some homework on the Chrome Incognito Window as it relates to YouTube uploads from the computer desktop.

I had not heard of it before.

Best wishes as you more forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                      johng59330707

I've the same problem in that I cannot upload a file now from Premiere 13 direct.

been trying to load to Adobe and YouTube. I've also tried to convert the file but that doesn't work either.

I've saved file off to my Mac desktop and it runs OK from there but will not upload to YouTube from there.

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

johng

Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Update?

1. What is the duration of the Timeline content that you are uploading to YouTube from within

the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature? What error message(s) are you getting when

you try to use the feature...how far do you get in the upload process? What are the properties of the

Timeline content?

2. When you go to export your Timeline content to file saved to the computer hard drive, what are

your export settings...are you using Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and one of the .mp4 presets?

Please detail. What error message do you get when you take the file to YouTube for upload of the file

at the YouTube web site?

Have you checked the integrity of your Internet settings, gone to a different browser? Is the problem

with one specific Timeline content or with all content be it stills or video?

Please review and consider, and please supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                          johng59330707 Level 1

Please be advised that I'm very new to PE 13 but have been computing a very long number of years and didn't expect to have a problem with simple saving to youtube from PE.

I have previously uploaded one file to YouTube with no problems.

The error message after a 98% run is a online error, but sorry I can't remember complete message.

I've only ever used Publish and Share with mp4 presets.The first and only one previous was 15 mins long with no trouble at all in uploading.

Doesn't even get to YouTube.

Content has only ever been video.

I've tried another computer but same results and both are Apple Mac's

The duration is just over 10 mins

I've had success with burning to Disc enabling a file save.

Seems I'm not the only one with this problem.

Why first file uploaded to YouTube and I cannot upload now is baffling me.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated believe me.

With many thanks for your welcome reply.

John G

t

• 10. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                            chrisk39776543

I have the same problem. I bought PE yesterday, put 2 vids together and went to upload the first and it failed with that same error.

I am not really pleased with PE simply because the publishing setup is not very clear. You use all these codes that most amateur

users (who are more likely to use elements) don't understand. Why not simply have YouTube HD 1080p mp4.

I have exported one video today 6 times and each time I am getting file sizes 6 times larger than I was getting with ****** Videopad AND

far far worse quality. Videopad can make a high quality 30 mins video in 1.7gb, but PE can't seem to do the 30 min less than 6.5 Gb

and really ****** quality. I am not impressed with this product.

If someone has some decent settings for saving 1080p for YouTube in mp4 I'd really like to hear it because I like using the editor,

it works really well, just having issues saving and publishing. Uploading isn't much of an issue for me cause I can just upload

manually. However the file size vs quality is a massive issue for me.

Thank

NeonsStyle (YouTube)

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

chrisk

Assumed Premiere Elements 13/13.1? What computer operating system? For now, assumed NTSC setup.

Just in case mention...this is not Adobe and I am not affiliated with Adobe in anyway. I am just a user of the Elements programs with a lot of experience in troubleshooting them and an overactive troubleshooting gene.

If you have a Timeline 1080p content and you want to upload it to YouTube...

a. export the Timeline 1080p content, Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30 and then upload that AVCHD.mp4 file to YouTube at the YouTube web site. The results are expected to be very good.

or

b. upload the Timeline 1080p content to YouTube using the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube and Presets =

High Definition Video for YouTube 1920 x 1080....has file size/duration limits.

You cannot customize the YouTube settings for High Definition Video for YouTube 1920 x 1080 preset. You will not be able to use "b" since your video size/duration exceed the limits of the built in feature. Just in case message....YouTube extended time accounts do not work in the built in feature.

But, if you have a problem with file size, you could adjust the bitrate settings (way a) under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the selected preset. Have you done that, finding a good compromise between lower bitrate, smaller file size, and yet good quality.

If you are using as comparison a 30 minute file from your  VideoPad software, not Premiere Elements, what are the properties of the 30 minutes product from that software - especially video and audio compression, file extension, file size, and bitrate?

Please review, consider, and then we can discuss this matter further.

Thank you.

ATR

Recommended upload encoding settings (Advanced) - YouTube Help

Add on...if you purchased Premiere Elements 13 as download from Adobe, you can request a return/refund within 30 days of purchase.

Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                chrisk39776543 Level 1

Most of these issues I have sorted now, you are right it was the bitrate. Yes it was PE13.

Still the uploading issue still remains, PE 13 will not upload to YouTube at all and constantly returns and error. I have no problem

uploading the same file to YouTube manually. I'd prefer to use PE cause it seems faster, but just keeps returning the same

error as the first poster mentioned.

• 13. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

chrisk

Thanks for the reply.

With regard to the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature...did your troubleshooting include

a. clearing the Cached Web Content...default web browser Options/Advanced/Network and the Cached Web Content

b. turning of the router for about 40 seconds

c. working from a different default web browser

d. refreshing the Online Services, using within the project, Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing?

Are Facebook and Vimeo affected the same way under Publish+Share/Social Websites/Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube?

Recently there was a HTTP 500 YouTube issue with the built in YouTube feature for essentially all versions with the feature, but that seems to have been fixed by someone, assumed YouTube.

ATR

• 14. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                    mitch811

I also just started having this problem today.  I have been uploading videos to youtube and facebook for about a year using Premier Elements 13.1 using Windows 8 (Many many videos).  Recently updated to Windows 10 and now when I attempt to upload a video to either youtube or facebook, I receive a message that an error has been encountered and the program (PE13) is shutting down.  This has worked flawlessly until the upgrade to Windows 10.  Any suggestions?  I have tried everything mentioned above.

• 15. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

mitch811

Not so long ago there was a widespread HTTP 500 error with the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature. That appeared to be resolved within 24 to 48 hours, presumably by YouTube. And there are typically scattered reports of Online service issues which often (no always) respond to the troubleshooting suggested in this thread and others.

Yesterday, there was a report of the YouTube HTTP 500 error surfacing again in the Premiere Elements built in feature. When I followed up this report by troubleshooting  this feature in Premiere Elements on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit, I also ran into upload failures. But, mine gave off an error message related to Online Services, not the HTTP 500 error. The problem hit when the feature was supposed to start the upload stage. But, with several closings the feature and reopening it to retry, I finally got consistent successful uploads to YouTube for the Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit systems.

In view of this type of history and if you are in a time crunch to get the Timeline content uploaded to YouTube, I would suggest that you do the workaround - export the Timeline content to AVCHD.mp4 file and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Right now I am only speaking to YouTube since I do not use Facebook. So, I am trying to get your YouTube issue resolved.

Summary of current suggestion

1. If time factor, use workaround described above

2. Otherwise, give the issue at least 24 hours to respond spontaneously, but try to get it to work at intervals within the 24 hour period.

Close back to Publish+Share/ after a failure and then proceed with Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube to try again.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 16. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                        mitch811 Level 1

Greetings ATR.  Problem still exists.  I can save every file type to my PC and then post to facebook or youtube.  However, whenever I am in a project and want to  share on social media (facebook or youtube), as soon has I hit any of the two and click next (regardless of posting on SD or HD) I received a "unexpected error message and Premier elements is closing down.  I have 2 laptops running 13 on Window 8 and have no problem at all but on this windows 10 PC I can't post directly to facebbok or youtube.  I have refreshed in preferences Web Sharing, saved project, re-started and still can't share to facebbok or youtube.  Seems to be a Premier Elements glitch and it has been doing this even after complete uninstall and reinstall attempts.  One of my laptops that was running Window 8.1 and never had an issue with PE 13 upgraded to Windows 10.  I now have the same problem on that computer as well when it comes to posted to facebook or youtube so now I know it is not a one computer issue.

Mitch

• 17. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                          mitch811 Level 1

I forgot to mention.  The video is 2 minutes long and 650MB.

• 18. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Mitch

If you go by your details so far, the problem points to the computer and its operating system.

Have you looked at the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 built in upload opportunities using different computer web browser?

Microsoft Edge is the one featured for Windows 10 64 bit. But, you could try Internet Explorer (still there in the files), Firefox, Google Chrome.

What web browser did you use for Windows 8.1 64 bit?

ATR

• 19. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                              quinnm46867151

has nothing to do with any of the troubleshooting suggestions. I.e. Browser, router, etc.

this is a **** program. Just ask for you me money back. You shouldn't have to manually save your timeline and upload It to YouTube. The program is advertised as one that does this service. If it's not doing what it's supposed to, Adobe has to i a refund.

Personal insult is not tolerated, second warning by mod

• 20. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

quinnm

Please see messages for you left in the another thread where you also posted your post 19 message

Error message when uploading to Youtube

ATR

• 21. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                                  quinnm46867151 Level 1

No it doesn't have anything to do with a router. If you have an Internet connection, all online services are available. Therefore it's only this trash program that has the error.

• 22. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                                    quinnm46867151 Level 1

i don't need to see what I already posted. Adobe is the worst. And Pete green and his team aren't qualified to troubleshoot anything.

• 24. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                                      mitch811 Level 1

This problem still persists.  No matter what I do, re-install the program, turn off firewall and defender, refresh under "preferences-Web sharing", the program still stops working and shuts down whenever I click on "Publish/Share" and then Facebook or YouTube.  This appears to be a Premier Elements - Windows 10 incompatibility issue. I have also tried setting my default browser to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Windows Edge, still no luck in solving.

• 25. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 not uploading/exporting to YouTube or computer
                                                        quinnm46867151 Level 1

just get a new program altogether. There is no one trying to fix this issue either. They are too busy counting the money they stole from you. Ask for your money back and move on. Pete Greene and his team are laughing at anyone with this issue without a care in the world.