7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 7:12 PM by A.T. Romano

Organizer in premiere elements 12

namkeenrani

Whenever i try to access organizer in premiere elements 12, the programme just closes down. I tried reinstalling but it does not help at all. I am now at my wits end.?

• 1. Re: Organizer in premiere elements 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

namekeenrani

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit for now.

I have found the Elements Organizer 12 to be highly problematic.

Sometimes it is provoked in the close down behavior because of the format of a particular import. Most of the time its shutdown causes go undefined.

I have been dealing with these unprovoked situation

1. Delete the Elements Organizer 12 Settings file (psa.prf)

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and, in the Organizer Folder, is the psa.prf file that you delete or you disable by renaming it from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD.

2. Create a new Elements Organizer 12 catalog

File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Organizer in premiere elements 12
            namkeenrani Level 1

Mr. Romano:

Thank you for your reply.  It has not helped me at all.  I cannot find the file you mentioned even when I followed the path.

Secondly, I also asked that since I reinstalled the programme, it has been asking me to sign in again and as soon as I do that, it just goes blank.

Please help.

Thanks

Samina

• 3. Re: Organizer in premiere elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Samina

Thanks for the update. Sorry that the news was not better.

Did you confirm that you were working with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit? I have been assuming that so that you find the correct paths to file to be deleted.

When you went looking for the psa.prf (Elements Organizer settings file) to delete, did you have your computer set with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you could see the complete path cited?

When you did the Premiere Elements 12 uninstall, did your use the scenario

a. Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way

b. Do a free ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls reinstalls

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

c. Reinstall the program with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

After the reinstall, if you get hung up with the Sign In, please check out possible solutions in the following...

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Sign In Failure (Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock)

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Organizer in premiere elements 12
                namkeenrani Level 1

Mr. Ramano:

To answer some of your questions:

I use Windows Professional 7I used CCleaner and cleaned up my computerI have now re-installed Elements 12 and have been able to reregister my softwareYes I had my computer set to show hidden filesI uninstalled the programme through the control panel, the normal way.

When I reinstalled the programme, I still cannnot get into Organizer.  It just shuts off.

Thanks

Samina

• 5. Re: Organizer in premiere elements 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

namekeenrani

Thanks for the follow ups.

Quick questions for now

a. Can you get into the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Editor and successfully import, edit, and export there?

b. Do you get the problem behavior if you try to access the Elements Organizer

a. from Welcome Screen Organizer

b. from Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Editor and its Organizer tab at bottom of Expert workspace

c. from double clicking the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe file found

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Elements 12 Organizer

and in the Elements 12 Organizer Folder is the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe file that you scroll down to.

Depending on how matters goes, consider working with alternative installation files, such as those that might be

obtained from the following web site

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

You can use these tryout files as tryout or insert your purchased serial number into them at installation.

ATR

Add On...Please refer to c above.....also try the sequence

a. Right click the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe file, select and apply Run As Administrator.

b. Then double click the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe to open it.

• 6. Re: Organizer in premiere elements 12
                    namkeenrani Level 1

Mr. Ramano:

I am reallly frustrated now.  Nor can I sign in or get into Elements at all.

Samina

• 7. Re: Organizer in premiere elements 12
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Samina

If you are willing to go a few more troubleshooting rounds, consider....

a. Remove all trace of Premiere Elements 12 from your computer

Uninstall/ccleaner....

b. Create a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and, using that account, install and try to run

Premiere Elements 12.

Do you get any further than you did before with the original User Account?

Just some miscellaneous that came up in other threads - are you using a mouse or one of those

pen and tablets?

Make sure that the antivirus and firewall(s) are disabled during Premiere Elements download/installs.

Go to Computer/Manage/Services and the FLEXnet Licensing and make sure that it is started.

What computer browser are you using as default. For now, if possible, please change the default computer browser to another.

Review again my blog post cited in a prior post of 12 sign in issues to determine if you missed any of the steps described.

Keeping positive thoughts.

ATR