1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2014 1:27 PM by A.T. Romano

Removal of the Media is Off Line slide

glennpsychdoc

How do I remove the red slide that says "Media is off line." It is showing up at the beginning of my project and I have tried everything I know of to remove it. I have tried cutting it, removing the slides in front of it, etc. Please help as I do not want that to be at the beginning of my video. Thank you.

Glenn Bailey

• 1. Re: Removal of the Media is Off Line slide
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn Bailey

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

The Media Offline display typically indicates that the original file has been disconnected from the project. When you import media into a project, all you get are copies of the originals. And, those copies need to trace back to the originals at the hard drive save location where they were when they were first imported into the project.

When you open the project, do you get a "Where is the file.....?" message related to this file that is supposed to be at the beginning of the project's Timeline?

What is the name of the file for which it is asking - the missing file name should be at the top of the message?

Let us say that you click Skip All to the "Where is the file....?" messages and find yourself in the opened project with your colorful Media Offline slide.

Are you saying that

a. you cannot right click it on the Timeline and select delete to delete it?

b. if you go to the project media area, can you right click its thumbnail there and select delete...that should delete it from the project media area

as well as from the Timeline?

Let us stop here so that we can get in sync on the basic details of your situation and then we can better decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR