5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2014 11:14 AM by 20pictures

Full-size Image Export bug

20pictures

I am trying to export an image from Lightroom as a full-size JPEG (quality 100%). 'Limit File Size' is unchecked as is 'Resize to Fit'. Lightroom Version 5.6.

The original image is 3000px square & yet the exported JPEG is 1000px square! I was exporting a virtual image so I tried the original RAW file with the same result. I tried exporting different file types but always the same outcome.

The only way I could get a full-size image ready for my client was to check 'Resize to Fit' & enter the original file size dimensions. I hope this does not affect the resultant quality?

Clearly, there is an unacceptable export bug. On this occasion I only had to export one image but I need to export in quantity (& varying original sizes).

Any advice?

• 1. Re: Full-size Image Export bug
          20pictures Level 1

I have found a workaround fix for this issue. Opening the Lightroom Default 'Burn Full-Size JPEGs' preset, I have made changes to the destination & metadata requirements. It now exports correctly.

This still does not explain why a custom preset is not accepting my input parameters. Yes, I did reboot Lightroom!

• 2. Re: Full-size Image Export bug
            DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

Just a thought. Any crop applied to the original image in Lightroom?

• 3. Re: Full-size Image Export bug
              20pictures Level 1

Yes, it was cropped square. However, exporting the original uncropped file still had the resize bug. It seems Lightroom has cached a previous export setting & will not clear the cache when resize is unchecked (even after reboot). The success of using the original default preset would support this theory.

• 4. Re: Full-size Image Export bug
                NicHamilton Level 3

Not something I can reproduce, assuming I'm understanding the issue and I may not be.  A few more questions....

What's your OS?

Can we have all of the settings for the Custom Pre-set to try and reproduce it please?

Also, you've said it's not an issue if you modify the built in "Burn full size jpgs" pre-set. What about if you save this modified pre-set as a new pre-set? 

Again, what about rebuilding a custom pre-set from scratch, is it still an issue?

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Full-size Image Export bug
                  20pictures Level 1

I used the modified default 'Burn Full-Size JPEGs' preset & saved it, overwriting the faulty one in the process! Using Windows 7 64-bit.

Will try making some new presets & see if I get the same issue. Anyone know if there is a cache that can be cleared in this situation?

Settings -

Export to: Hard Drive

Export Location -

Export to: Specific Folder

Folder: xxxx

Put in Subfolder: zzzz

File Settings -

Image Format: JPEG

Quality: 100

Color Space: AdobeRGB

Limit File Size: unchecked

Image Sizing -